Baby on board...

TBO

6 minutes ago, TBO said:

Ohio woman arrested at Philippines airport with baby hidden in bag

http://nbcmontana.com/news/nation-world/us-woman-arrested-at-manila-airport-with-baby-hidden-in-bag

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

Buying and selling people has existed for a long time.  It still exists in the Middle East, but no one cares.

• Like 2

Doesn't change the fact that the baby wasn't legally hers. 

To look at it otherwise, subjectively opens up a bag of worms about surreptitiously passing adolescent humans around without oversight.

To say that this may have been done for the baby's benefit, leads to a complicated rationale that has much potential for intentional criminal behavior.

The Atlanta airport loudly reminds you, every two minutes, to watch for human trafficking.

And the signs prohibit it and remind you it's illegal.  A lot of foreigners must not know this.

Isn't that being culturally insensitive, given that arranged marriage is still widely practiced?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can think of at least 4 kids who have been rented out by their parents. This is off the top of my head. I could name names. There are probably more who have been on a less regular basis.  This is just in my small community and just the ones we know. Probably more cases if I looked

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

yeah,but was it a nice bag or like a Walmart special carry on bag,makes all the difference.

years ago i knew a lady that rented her kids out to smugglers so they looked like a family.

oddly enough she lost those kids when she could`nt explain why they were in a different state carrying cocaine with strangers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1