Philadelphia shootout wounds multiple officers

TBO

I got caught up in the obligatory FOX headlines of the day trying to read the article.  Apparently, some bone heads want to threaten ICE Agents/Officers and their families.  I hate to break it to these numbskulls, but when you say you are gong to do that, you might as well take on an army as it is 20,000 strong, and that's not counting those of us who are retired.  Further, it is not taking into account a lot were old school Senior Border Patrol Agents before jumping ship.  One thing the USBP was known for, I can't vouch for the modern crew, was being damn good shots.  So, the only threat to those of us were in, when faced with an angry mob, is running out of rounds.

Edited by Moshe

That’s it, we must demand action immediately.

join me in calling our elected leader to act!!

we must immediately, without delay, ban......crime

Ban crime now! Ban crime now!

/sarc

praying for the cops, be strong, clear minded, kick ass

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

North Philly....Worse place I've ever been.  I was in a rental car with fellow co-workers many years ago going through North Philly.  We pulled up to 3 different intersections with groups of thugs walking out to surround our car each time while stopped.  Needless to say we ran those red lights to get out of there.  This was about 2005 or so.  

Edited by Scwine

From the article:  "...Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said he's "angry about someone having all that weaponry and all that firepower."..."

So the mayor isn't angry about a criminal shooting policemen, he's angry that the shooter has weaponry and firepower. 

I would have guessed at first, that the object of this fiasco would be the person shooting people, not the thing he's shoot them with.  The liberal approach is to look only at the gun as the responsible party.

By God, when they get those guns they will melt them down as punishment they won't forget.  Then the shooter will get a slap on the wrist so no one in his community is offended.

No wonder Philly and Boston and the like are shi-holes, the local government prefers them this way.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

From the article:  "...Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said he's "angry about someone having all that weaponry and all that firepower."..."

So the mayor isn't angry about a criminal shooting policemen, he's angry that the shooter has weaponry and firepower. 

I would have guessed at first, that the object of this fiasco would be the person shooting people, not the thing he's shoot them with.  The liberal approach is to look only at the gun as the responsible party.

By God, when they get those guns they will melt them down as punishment they won't forget.  Then the shooter will get a slap on the wrist so no one in his community is offended.

No wonder Philly and Boston and the like are shi-holes, the local government prefers them this way.

Someone online quoted the stat that 100,000 attempted gun buys were denied as straw purchases last month. We have to ban guns.

I asked them how many of the 100,000 were prosecuted for committing a felony.....crickets

its not about the law, it’s about the guns.

to a politician, it’s about donations and proper focus grouped stances that appeal to the base. They give a damn about guns

• Thanks 1

Philly.  Wasn't that where some militants holed themselves up in the 80's in a standoff with police?  If I recall, the militants firebombed one of their apartment buildings too.  I guess things don't really change in the "city of brotherly love".

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dric902 said:

That’s it, we must demand action immediately.

join me in calling our elected leader to act!!

we must immediately, without delay, ban......crime

Ban crime now! Ban crime now!

/sarc

praying for the cops, be strong, clear minded, kick ass

We have to make new laws that make shooting people a crime with jail time.  Not too excessive of course.  You can't take a chance on alienating your voting base.

• Like 1

Prayers for the Officers recovery's

God Bless them.

"Four women who were on the second floor of the building as the shootout continued were rescued by police officers and led to safety.

“I thank God for these cops. They’re good people. Don’t say nothing bad about them, they kept us safe the whole time,” one of the women told KYW-TV."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2