Just disappointed

Toomanyguns

Just a conversation starter.

What handgun did you anticipate, research, rent and then go out and buy all excited. Only to be just a little disappointed by, in the end ?

Mine was The S&W Prefomance center Shield 2.0 in 9mm. About three months ago. This thread isn't about bashing the gun that disappointed you. Just ones that didn't live up to the expectations in your head. 

Also what did you replace that highly anticipated gun with ?

Mine was replaced with a Glock 43x (all black) and that has lived up to my high expectations.

Edited by Toomanyguns

1 hour ago, Toomanyguns said:

Just a conversation starter.

What handgun did you anticipate, research, rent and then go out and buy all excited. Only to be just a little disappointed by, in the end ?

Mine was The S&W Prefomance center Shield 2.0 in 9mm. About three months ago. This thread isn't about bashing the gun that disappointed you. Just ones that didn't live up to the expectations in your head. 

Also what did you replace that highly anticipated gun with ?

Mine was replaced with a Glock 43x (all black) and that has lived up to my high expectations.

CCP, I thought it would be a polymer P7

just basically sucks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

Weight and ease of shooting for a given caliber, seem mutually exclusive.  Beyond a .32.

I believe weight starts the ease of shooting conversation.

Then there is , bore axis. Is the barrel and slide ported ?  What is bullet weight ? Ammos muzzle velocity ? Grip design ? Weapon may be super light but weighted more forward to ease muzzle rise. How well does weapon fit a particular shooters hand. 

I'll tell you my Glock 32 in .357 sig kicks a hell of alot more than my Kahr chambered. 45 auto.

Fully loaded the Glock 32 is a solid 8oz heavier and two inches longer.

The Remington V3 tac 12 gauge tiny super lightweight semi auto is a one hand shooter because of the gas system design.

It's crazy how far and how fast gun engineering has come in the last three years.

Edited by Toomanyguns

I have two rhino .357 mag revolvers. One in a 2" and one in a 4".  I CCW'd the 4" for quite some time.  I liked shooting very much.

These guns are so easy to shoot and soft to the hand, my grandson was pre-teen and he put 60 self defense rounds through the 2".  He moved to the Red Dot .22 target pistol cause it was "cooler".

If you want comfort and impact you can get it, but it's expensive.

I have a CZ Shadow 2, and thought I’d buy a CZ SP-01, dry fire hell out of it, throw on some custom grips, and have a 2nd, much cheaper, Shadow 2.  The reviews on the SP-01 have been raving, so how could my plan go wrong?

It was like comparing a Porsche 911 to a gravel truck.

The SP-01 is for sale, in case anyone is wondering. 

• Administrators

Sigs and HKs in general. 

There is nothing wrong with them.  I have just never got the hype. 

The other side of that is I have always been happy with CZ style pistols.   I also love my Ruger LCP....for what it is. Carried much, shot little. 

Grand Power P-12 I believe. Not a great pistol and had problems with the chamber. They wanted to recut the chamber, it was already to large for the last 2/3's of the case.

The one that surprised me on how good it is was the Glock 48, polished internals and replaced 2 springs and it is fantastic.