For Democrats only

Ricordo

You claim that we are racists.

Do you want to read and see how racist your party leaders are? Find and read the Podesta 2016  emails where they  refer to Jews, Hispanics and Blacks as "toys".

Want me to find them for you and post the link? Sorry, I don't believe in paternalistic attitudes. You find the emails and read them.

But you won't...

• Thanks 1

Here's another head scratcher.

From my belly button up I'm a medium-light latte. From my belly button down I'm whiter than my wife, who is a natural blonde with lovely hazel eyes.

Are you going to judge me for the colors of my skin? What am I? Brown or white? Am I oppressed or do I have white privilege?

Let me suggest the following. Learn how to think. Logic and reason are still words defined by the dictionary. Look them up and wonder...how the hell did they get there?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

Here's another head scratcher.

From my belly button up I'm a medium-light latte. From my belly button down I'm whiter than my wife, who is a natural blonde with lovely hazel eyes.

Are you going to judge me for the colors of my skin? What am I? Brown or white? Am I oppressed or do I have white privilege?

You're a Zimmerman. A white Hispanic.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I guess if you are even a little whiter than the complaining party, you must be an a'hole.  (Like the rest of us)

This thing about identity politics is another effort to divide people. Again, janice6, they are  judging people by the color of their skin.

By my estimation of your age, you were raised color blind like me. There was no issue with us, there were only people who just happened to be of a different color than ours.

So when they come up with stuff like that, I immediately think---what the hell are they talking about? We judge people by the content of their character. And all those who spout crap like that are certainly lacking in character.

But what do we know...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

This thing about identity politics is another effort to divide people. Again, janice6, they are  judging people by the color of their skin.

By my estimation of your age, you were raised color blind like me. There was no issue with us, there were only people who just happened to be of a different color than ours.

So when they come up with stuff like that, I immediately think---what the hell are they talking about? We judge people by the content of their character. And all those who spout crap like that are certainly lacking in character.

But what do we know...

My first initiation into segregation came on the minesweeper I was assigned to after going into active service.

My ship  was stationed in Charleston, SC.  This was my first contact with race issues.

Anyway, during my frequent "Quarter Deck Mid Watch" standings, after all I was a new guy, I had long talks with the guys standing mid-watch in the engine room.  They were mostly Black since those from the South put them on the bottom of the list.

We had long talks and I learned something of just what it was to be Black and living in the deep South.  and a lot was from a friend of mine that came from Chicago.

For the most part, my suspicions were confirmed that the primary issue of race and skin color, were from those that had little to nothing themselves.

The only way they could raise their estimation of themselves, was by pushing someone else down.

Anyway, that was my perception and I guess I still hold to it.  I worked with various highly skilled people during my career and found no correlation with ability and color or race.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ricordo said:

One hour after striking the iceberg

"Be sure to visit our fifth level gift shop on your way out. We are now offering 80% off the regular price of all our Titanic-themed merchandise."

"That was racist, man!"

See!

:juggle:

Edited by Ricordo
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My first initiation into segregation...

My first one was Hispanic against Hispanic. That was shocking.

But then it was Hispanic against White. Hispanic against Black. Jew against Hispanic. White against Black. Hispanic against Jew. Black against Hispanic. And so forth...

After a while, I was numb to it. It does have a numbing effect. And I couldn't understand it.

Then I realized, no group has a monopoly on racism. And it's all due to anthropological circumstances. But that discussion is for another time. I type since the early 70s with one finger.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

I still think that mankind has gone south ever since we stopped performing human sacrifices.

?

I say bring back public executions.  A length of rope or a Saudi style scimitar is all that's needed and they can be reused. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Maser said:

I say bring back public executions.  A length of rope or a Saudi style scimitar is all that's needed and they can be reused. 

Give them a fair trial and then hang them.

For fairness sake, use a new rope.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1