Note to self...

gwalchmai

“Not without basis” isn't the same as evidence

highlighting the “real background information” while leaving out that it was impossible is disingenuousness 

I’m sure Somalia’s records department isn’t up to American standards.

Omar is a backbench freshman, elected on a fluke of low voter turnout, amongst anybody that was Somalian, in her district. She will very likely be gone after the 2020 election. The DNC won’t support her but with lip service, the voting public in her district look like fools.

probably two, maybe three, of the “squad” will be unemployed and trying to monetize their name recognition with left wing groups in 2021. They have no legislation that will even be voted on, nothing but contempt for the leadership.

they are not an issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Omar for VP in 2021!

Not without basis” isn't the same as evidence

Not exactly. Lots of civil cases have been resolved on the theory of res ipsa loquitur. Which is Latin for "if it smells like a fish, it's probably not a rooster".

Edited by Ricordo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

If you're going to enter into a sham marriage in order to commit immigration fraud, you may not want to run for public office. These things have a way of coming back to the surface...

Our local news TV stations are finally broaching this subject.  What's interesting is that they are adding the legal fines and imprisonment penalties for all involved in an illegal marriage to qualify for residency along with her false IRS marriage statements.

Normally they would take the approach that this is "alleged", but not today!

Send her back!

• Like 5

People like her are an insult to every real American Immigrant that went the whole way to legally enter the USA.  They worked hard and had the patience necessary for the due legal process.  She shames them with her criminality.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, willie-pete said:

Just confirms my suspicions that these people are idiots.  Why else would one commit maybe multiple felonies and then put yourself in front of the TV cameras every day just inviting people to investigate your background.

:crazy:

Mental illness comes to mind.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pelosi already has Omar`s replacement the works,any investigation will be null and void because it will be stalled until after she is gone but he potential trial will be ignored with her out of the spotlight,

but in her district if her replacement is`nt Somali and a woman there will be a **** storm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just confirms my suspicions that these people are idiots.  Why else would one commit maybe multiple felonies and then put yourself in front of the TV cameras every day just inviting people to investigate your background.

:crazy:

Well she wanted to live off the taxpayers. She may get to do that much longer than two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Southern heritage?

Yes, I believe she's from southern Somalia.

Bless her heart.  :)

Edited by Ricordo
I moved to Florida in 1991. But darn if it's a great term to refer her and others..
  • Like 2

When I was in the AF I had a room mate from Little Falls, MN. He enlisted at 17 and had never seen a black person in real life until he got to basic training.

Omar's district is urban, and includes Minneapolis. As much as I'd like to blame her election on Somali vote packing, the demographic breakdown indicates the real problem is liberals:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

When I was in the AF I had a room mate from Little Falls, MN. He enlisted at 17 and had never seen a black person in real life until he got to basic training.

Omar's district is urban, and includes Minneapolis. As much as I'd like to blame her election on Somali vote packing, the demographic breakdown indicates the real problem is liberals:

I went into the Navy in 1958 and was eventually assigned to my ship in Charleston, SC.  I was appalled at the treatment of Blacks and the lack of any response from them.  We had only one Black family in my hometown and they were just like the rest of us.  MN was mostly White, but we didn't see why we should care if others were Black. 

I never had anyone tell me as I was growing up, that Blacks were any different than Whites.  I only heard that When I got into the "deep South".   I was threatened to be thrown off the bus on my trip to Charleston.  The driver threatened me when I wanted to sit in the back of the bus cause I could sleep on the long seat.  He ordered me to either get off or get in the front where I belonged.  this was my first experience.

I the city of Charleston I couldn't believe one human being could treat another human being that way.  I was shown downtown and the claim to fame for the person showing me was a building called the Slave Market.  At the time I saw it, it was the proud home of the IIRC Daughters of the Confederacy (or the DAR I can't recall which).  They proudly occupied the Slave Market as what I was told, was a "statement".

I see in the present day google results they don't even refer to the building as the "slave market" anymore.  Everything is being scrubbed, washed, and re-written to it's politically correct version like it didn't happen.

• Like 5

I went into the Navy in 1958 and was eventually assigned to my ship in Charleston, SC.  I was appalled at the treatment of Blacks and the lack of any response from them.  We had only one Black family in my hometown and they were just like the rest of us.  MN was mostly White, but we didn't see why we should care if others were Black. 
I never had anyone tell me as I was growing up, that Blacks were any different than Whites.  I only heard that When I got into the "deep South".   I was threatened to be thrown off the bus on my trip to Charleston.  The driver threatened me when I wanted to sit in the back of the bus cause I could sleep on the long seat.  He ordered me to either get off or get in the front where I belonged.  this was my first experience.
I the city of Charleston I couldn't believe one human being could treat another human being that way.  I was shown downtown and the claim to fame for the person showing me was a building called the Slave Market.  At the time I saw it, it was the proud home of the IIRC Daughters of the Confederacy (or the DAR I can't recall which).  They proudly occupied the Slave Market as what I was told, was a "statement".

I see in the present day google results they don't even refer to the building as the "slave market" anymore.  Everything is being scrubbed, washed, and re-written to it's politically correct version like it didn't happen.

Are we - as individuals regardless of race and as a nation - better off or worse off because history is being erased and replaced?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Are we - as individuals regardless of race and as a nation - better off or worse off because history is being erased and replaced?

When you lose information humanity is always worse off.  The future is built on the past, and to lose, or conveniently forget the past, is an invitation to repeat it.

Anyone that would ignore the lessons learned, should realize that wisdom is built on experience, and as is said, experience is achieved through making mistakes.  Those mistakes are every bit as important as our successes for they show us just how fragile a society is which claims freedom for all.  To continue to make the same mistakes isn't progress.

Liberals are showing us what society can turn into when we try to make each little segment or group of people special, at the expense of everyone else.  The result is a fragmented society with everybody being the enemy.  This is a sure path to failure.  We should be appalled at even the thought of "special groups".

Freedom means that no one is special.  We are all equal in every respect, or we are not free at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

The more information the better

if it’s true and accurate

Now days there is little attempt to differentiate between opinion and facts.  Actually many public statements attempt to present opinions as facts.

• Like 3

Now days there is little attempt to differentiate between opinion and facts.  Actually many public statements attempt to present opinions as facts.

Most main stream media presents opinion - often handed down from high - as fact.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 6:49 PM, Ricordo said:

Omar for VP in 2021!

Not exactly. Lots of civil cases have been resolved on the theory of res ipsa loquitur. Which is Latin for "if it smells like a fish, it's probably not a rooster".

Wait I always heard if it smells like a fish it's probably a tampon

• Sad 1

"I never had anyone tell me as I was growing up, that Blacks were any different than Whites.  I only heard that When I got into the "deep South"."
You didn't need to travel that far, Boston or Philly would done it.

Massive riots in South Boston when K-12 integration and associated cross town busing arrived.

• Sad 1