2020 corvette was shown tonight

ASH

5 hours ago, tous said:

That was my first impression as well.

Nothing about that automobile says Corvette.

Like you, I was a huge C1 and C2 fan as a lad.

It took me sometime to get used to the Mako Shark series, but they grew on me.

The 1966 Sting Ray will always be my definition of a Corvette.

the Mako shark (C3) wasn't bad but they ruined the looks of the rear end in 1974 when govt. regs forced them to go to a composite rear end eliminating the too-thin but tasteful looking chrome bumpers.

1974.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

the Mako shark (C3) wasn't bad but they ruined the looks of the rear end in 1974 when govt. regs forced them to go to a composite rear end eliminating the too-thin but tasteful looking chrome bumpers.

1974.jpg

Just sold one of those with under 30k miles.  ?

around 60,000? someone said  ?  ummm there is no way period it is gonna be 60,000  i dont care if gm said it  or not  .  i also know  why the wait was so long they major issues  with getting the mid engine thing 

right  , had to do tons of work and re work  and thats what eat up the time .  it will still be a beast down the road  or maybe not , time will tell .  cant wait to see some you tube vids lol 

2019 zl1 are  60,000 to 65,000  again no way new vette is gonna cheaper period , and for strange reason  GM  tries that they will kill the vette  , everyone with a older vette market would flood  and prices plummet and piss off alot of people  .if it works that GM  will be looking for a new bail out .  already rumors the camaro will be killed off in   year 2023 because of lack of sales    .  

i just got a 2015 zl1 not long ago and it would smoke the vette .  

just wait til dealerships  sticker, etc etc      there have been some reports  the base model will begin at 80 ,000  , but i know not 60,000  , 

Edited by ASH

i`ll have to drive it.

the last body style was a huge improvement over the one before it.

495 hp sounds low but in a mid engine configuration is way more usable (in theory) than front engine,and the stingray was never the big power name plate.

it looks like a Ferrari 360 with more flat vents.