Police arrest sushi lovers near Sushi truck

Ricordo

"Sushi lovers know that cravings for the fishy dish are nearly impossible to beat, making it all the more understandable that a pair of penguins in New Zealand have been officially apprehended by authorities for repeatedly sneaking around the grounds of a sushi truck.

On Monday evening, Wellington District Police (WDP) announced that two “waddling vagrants” were temporarily detained after making themselves at home beneath a local sushi truck — their second act of trespassing on the premises that day, The Guardian reports..."   https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/police-penguins-sushi-restaurant

AP19198200374073.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Can't say I blame the penguins. They are just doing what penguins do.

• Like 1

Not into raw fish and parasites.  Now, here in town, I can get cooked salmon, cream cheese, wrapped in seaweed, and white rice.  Very easy to eat with chop sticks.  I know, I know, yes the stereo-type of the Jew eating at an Asian restaurant, in this case Japanese. 

10 hours ago, Ricordo said:

"Sushi lovers know that cravings for the fishy dish are nearly impossible to beat, making it all the more understandable that a pair of penguins in New Zealand have been officially apprehended by authorities for repeatedly sneaking around the grounds of a sushi truck.

On Monday evening, Wellington District Police (WDP) announced that two “waddling vagrants” were temporarily detained after making themselves at home beneath a local sushi truck — their second act of trespassing on the premises that day, The Guardian reports..."   https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/police-penguins-sushi-restaurant

AP19198200374073.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Can't say I blame the penguins. They are just doing what penguins do.

They are the cutest little things!  I say release them on personal recognizance.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ricordo said:

Personally, I find them one of the cutest creatures in the animal kingdom. And slippery to the touch.

Great name. One of the best names out there.

I'm looking at Christmas of 2021 for an Antarctica trip to see the big fellas. Pretty sure Youseppie was a Humboldt penguin. It's a funny name- not one I'd name an heir (more likely Seamus or Declan), but quite memorable. I mean, he told me about that bird in probably 2007 or 2008, and I still remember its name.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Penguins are great!

with a little wasabi and dipped in soy.

Someone likes their hot sauce.  I tried to warn my wife one day that it was not avocado.  She found out the hard way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1