A Johnny Cash Song I Like

DrB

11 minutes ago, DrB said:

One of my earliest memories is laying in the front seat of our car with my head on my mothers lap and she was singing this song.  I can't help but tear up hearing it.  I lost her when I was 12 years old.

18 minutes ago, janice6 said:

One of my earliest memories is laying in the front seat of our car with my head on my mothers lap and she was singing this song.  I can't help but tear up hearing it.  I lost her when I was 12 years old.

Sorry to hear that.  Losing a mother is hard especially when you are young....

Dave..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I'm not knocking the song.  It brings back one of my best memories.  Thanks.

Didn't think you were.  There are songs in all of us that trigger memories and make us remember things in our past. The good times and sometimes the not so good.

Dave..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrB said:

Didn't think you were.  There are songs in all of us that trigger memories and make us remember things in our past. The good times and sometimes the not so good.

Dave..

Once my wife said I don't understand you.  I told her then she should just listen to my music collection.  It's me, everything about me is right there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Once my wife said I don't understand you.  I told her then she should just listen to my music collection.  It's me, everything about me is right there.

What happens when you play the records backwards? Is it like Micheal J Fox’s photo, in Back To The Future?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, janice6 said:

My wife has done that,  but when she got to Twisted Sister, she just kind of winced and gave up.

• Haha 1