• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 2:56 PM, syntaxerrorsix said:

Scar.jpg

It's scary to see pics like this.

That cat can't drink any water, and that's beyond important. Way more so than for a human. Those cones are stupid and get cats killed, there are other solutions.

• Like 3

On 1/17/2023 at 1:21 PM, M&P15T said:

It's scary to see pics like this.

That cat can't drink any water, and that's beyond important. Way more so than for a human. Those cones are stupid and get cats killed, there are other solutions.

Lol, the cat had ZERO issues drinking or eating.  Besides that, cats get most of their water from their food.  That's why it's important they get wet food as their primary food source.

You know what will kill a cat faster?  An infection from a suture site that they lick open.  When I first got her home I tried "other solutions".  I cut off a long sleeve of a stretchy shirt and two front arm holes.  They lasted about 4 hours.  I finally let her go it alone and monitored the site daily.  Never saw her licking.  

Day 12 when I did my AM check the the site was open from end to end.  The medical adhesive was completely gone.  Back to the vet to get it flushed and resealed.

The next 14 days she wore a cone.  And got quite use to it. She got supervised "release times" daily but when unsupervised she wore the cone.  

I've had cats for nearly fifty years.  At one point we had four inside and two barn cats.  I've got a handle on cats and if you are scared by pictures like that it only leads me to believe you don't understand the process and that each animal, and there respective treatments can be different.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...