CNN mired in a credibility crisis as ratings continue to collapse

"CNN is suffering a credibility crisis as viewership for the once-proud network continues to crater with no apparent plan in place to fix things anytime soon, according to media watchdogs and insiders.

CNN’s audience shriveled in the second quarter of 2019, averaging only 541,000 total viewers, less than half Fox News Channel’s 1.3 million average. But CNN struggled even more during the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m. ET, finishing as the fifteenth most-watched network on basic cable behind networks such as TLC, Investigation Discovery and the Hallmark Channel. CNN averaged a dismal 761,000 primetime viewers while FNC averaged 2.4 million."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-ratings-don-lemon

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/this-is-cnn-primetime-lineup-filled-with-liberal-opinion-not-straight-news-as-network-claims

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

"CNN is suffering a credibility crisis as viewership for the once-proud network continues to crater with no apparent plan in place to fix things anytime soon, according to media watchdogs and insiders.

CNN’s audience shriveled in the second quarter of 2019, averaging only 541,000 total viewers, less than half Fox News Channel’s 1.3 million average. But CNN struggled even more during the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m. ET, finishing as the fifteenth most-watched network on basic cable behind networks such as TLC, Investigation Discovery and the Hallmark Channel. CNN averaged a dismal 761,000 primetime viewers while FNC averaged 2.4 million."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-ratings-don-lemon

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/this-is-cnn-primetime-lineup-filled-with-liberal-opinion-not-straight-news-as-network-claims

Good.  I don't like the news they make up. 

I want someone to just relate what happened with credibility and sources, not their opinion of what should have happened, or what they want to have happen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes I think they are taking the advice of my father.

As a joke, he used to tell me that when I made a decision that was going all to hell, I should get a good grip on it and ride that mother right straight into the ground.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

"CNN’s audience shriveled in the second quarter of 2019, averaging only 541,000 total viewers"

And most of those viewers were only watching while waiting for a flight to arrive at the airport and would not have been watching then if they had access to the TV remote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jmohme said:

"CNN’s audience shriveled in the second quarter of 2019, averaging only 541,000 total viewers"

And most of those viewers were only watching while waiting for a flight to arrive at the airport and would not have been watching then if they had access to the TV remote.

Many people have their own opinions and are not receptive to constantly being told that you must believe CNN's opinion.

If they simply related the current news in a brief and concise manner, there is little to antagonize viewers.  But, as with Hollywood celebrities, they think that when people view them they are now bestowed with superlative powers, that mean then can tell others what to think.

Many lose their way when they confuse their ability with superior intelligence.  The fact that they think they are more informed or superior, proves that they are not!

• Like 3