Don't be an F-Tard When it Comes to 2A. You Make Us All Look Bad.

I disagree it is a training issue for Officers.  The idiot frightened people in the park, who don't know what he is doing.  They get a call about a rifle in the park and potentially active shooter with a rifle.  How the hell do you respond to that call?  You come out expecting to be shot or kill a guy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have mixed feelings on this.  I think the whole 'audit' idea is a crock.  This is a wannabe trying to get some attention and lucky he didn't end up with the wrong kind.

OTH, if you have the right to carry openly then why should exercising that right create such a fuss? 

Here in Georgia open carry is legal.  I conceal my 1911 (mostly) but I don't worry too much about printing or such.  If someone did call the cops on me I would be pretty surprised, though I expect that local PD would handle it well.

• Like 2

He makes gun owners look bad.  The police have excellent points.  AND walking around proudly displaying your weapon is a very foolish thing to do unless you are law enforcement.  Keep it concealed.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, tojo said:

He makes gun owners look bad.  The police have excellent points.  AND walking around proudly displaying your weapon is a very foolish thing to do unless you are law enforcement.  Keep it concealed.

I agree, it's foolish, but so far being stupid is still legal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Historian said:

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I agree.  What about the people who called it in?  Any criticism for them.  Should I call the cops every time I see someone with a rifle or pistol open carrying?

41 minutes ago, norton said:

Lets face it.  Open carry is generally a bad idea, especially in this day and age.  My own State has legal open carry, but I only CC. 

You are just asking for trouble if you practice OC. 

+1 no open carry for this person, first of all it is not a deterent to open carry its a stimulant for all the aggressive weirdos that see it, an attention getter, like they'll question, why do you need to carry a firearm?  if your answer is none of your business you've got a problem and the scenario most probably will not end well, so I carry concealed because I want the upper hand, like surprise! Surprise! Like Norton said your just looking for trouble open carrying ...but again many many of us handgun owners feel our constitutional rights are being infringed upon not being allowed to open carry, a lot of different thinking on the issue ...

The only time I have open carried was hunting.  The rest of the time I carry concealed.  The State has given CCL/CHL the option of open carry.  I have seen people do it.  But, if the goal is to cause public alarm, it could be considered disturbing the peace, like shouting fire in a movie theater.  By his own admission he wanted to cause public distress so the police would be forced to come out.  They actually could have cited him for that, and if found guilty could loose that CHL/CCL.  He was playing with fire in what he was doing.  I agree the right way to do things would be educational in a safe environment to not cause alarm wherever this guy goes, by his own admission he wanted to disturb the peace and cause alarm in the public.  Technically, if it is a pistol, he could technically carry it concealed if he had a CHL/CCL.

14 hours ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I agree.  What about the people who called it in?  Any criticism for them.  Should I call the cops every time I see someone with a rifle or pistol open carrying?

The vast unwashed masses generally are afraid of themselves let alone someone who they don't understand is within their rights.  It is outside of their scope of understanding.

I can't advocate on the side of ignorance.     Sheep do what sheep do.  They've been told see something say something.  They were never asked to think.

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Historian said:

The vast unwashed masses generally are afraid of themselves let alone someone who they don't understand is within their rights.  It is outside of their scope of understanding.

I can't advocate on the side of ignorance.     Sheep do what sheep do.  They've been told see something say something.  They were never asked to think.

Well, since the 1986 illegal NFA regulations most people have lived in firearm ignorance.  So, all they see is what the Liberal channels want to show them, and have determined collectively, that without firearms, it is going to be some Utopia.  History has borne out time and time again this is not true, but is the lead cause of totalitarianism and genocide.  So, to brass tacks.  911 gets frantic calls how they are in the park with their kids and some strange guy is running around with a black rifle, and they are frightened.  So, dispatch tells them of an armed man with a rifle in the park menacing the people in the park.  They respond accordingly, adrenaline up, as they know it is probably kill or be killed.  Believe it or not, in Webb County, the SO's didn't have the amount of deputies to do the job adequately, and sometimes Laredo, PD.  We had a 300 person station (we had a few females so the term 'man' doesn't really apply), and we would routinely back up both of them.  When they were too far away, we would get calls similar to this.  Our Supervisors, like many Supervisors enjoyed the perks of hanging out with the wealthy and the perks that come with it.  So, I get a call from the Station to 21 or call, because they didn't want to put it over the air.  I was patrolling part of the Rio Grande alone which was normal.  I was told about a mile from my location at a very large wealthy house overlooking the Rio Grande, there had been reports of shots fired, and I needed to roll out there and handle it.  So, again, being by myself, I parked a distance away, and snuck in on foot.  My adrenalin is up, I know what it means to take fire from the Rio Grande of the Mexican side.  So, I am creeping onto the property in broad daylight, pistol drawn.  There are two good old boys with a bottle of Jack and two bolt action rifles, just lobbing bullets into the Rio about a good one hundred feet down.  

Not knowing these guys, who the hell they are, I come up right behind them, and scare the hell out of them.  Something I was used to doing to illegals in the dark.  I am close enough to touch them, until they realize I am behind them.  One of the drunk guys slurs, "Wha-wha-the **** are you doin' on my property?"

I replied, "I was sent out here on a call of shots fired to do a welfare check."

"Well-well-thaz-thaz uz, an' were-er sightin' in our huntin' rifles, so get-get the **** off my land."

So, I left, reported in, and the Supervisor could care less that they were drunk and lobbing rounds, he was more concerned that they were not receiving rounds.  After all, don't piss those guys off, they let Supervisors hunt their property for free in exchange for keeping us line guys in line for them.

Edited by Moshe

I have been watching these "Audit" videos.  Here is the thing that I find stupid about it.  They go around poking the bear, so to speak.  So, when, or if something goes sideways in their life and they get investigated, I suspect they will be treated as a prime suspect.  For instance, someone murders the guy's wife, and he is an innocent victim.  I suspect the case would go cold as they would dig through the guy's life with a fine tooth comb, rather than broadening the search.   So, there is an element of being a pain in the ass, and making yourself known to the police, they will return the favor.  Nobody directs the methodology of an investigation except for a Supervisor.  I have been pulled off cases with a "Don't you have something else better to do?"  And that is what you do, you drop it, and pick up another and run with it.  Frankly, you have enough case work, that whatever you are told to put on the back burner you do.  I was working on putting a RICO, and was told to scrap it, mostly because of the amount of people involved and that it might cause an International Incident even though the Consulate asked for help.  But, when the dirt points in that direction as well, you get pulled off.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:43 PM, Moshe said:

They always pull out the, "Duties as assigned," card.  They love that one loophole.

Sir, but i thought you were worth my undivided attention.

You can see me in court, pay the fine, or take a class.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Historian

The only recourse I had was FLEOLA, after they would terminate me for insubordination.  When I went from a 13 to a 12 I was allowed to have a Union again.  That helps, but I was no longer an investigator.  When you push your luck with those guys, right after your 24/7 week of call outs, they "Duties as Assigned," give you a Junior's work the next week to reign you in.  I have pushed my luck a lot in my career to the point of teetering on the verge of insubordination without going over the razor's edge.  But, if I am pulled off of a large case of people other than Mexican Nationals purchasing Cedulas from Mexican Nationals going to the Consulate, in order to make a false claim of nationality, and it turns out consulate officials are involved, they didn't want me to keep digging, after the main Consulate Officer asks us to look into it.  I look into everyone, everything.  It is the politics and reality of the job.  It sucked sometimes.  They wanted to maintain a cordial relationship with the Consulate, because they want to have a cordial working relationship with the Consulate, and the Embassy by extension in D.C., you do what you are told.  You could dump it on Interpol.  But, Interpol D.C. will reach back out to everyone, and you are in the hot seat again.  I spent a lot of time in the "principals" office to be ordered to let things that make things too inconvenient for management to designate my work, as they are allowed to do.  After three years of that, I moved on to Deportations and was happy, and was allowed to use those skills to prosecute illegals federally, which was fun. :)

I was watching some First Amendment Auditors.  It was interesting when he was provoking a business then wanted to make a complaint.  Low and behold this First Amendment Auditor had negligent discharge of a firearm, disturbing the peace, drug offenses.   He had quite a little rap sheet.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 11:53 AM, Moshe said:

I disagree it is a training issue for Officers.  The idiot frightened people in the park, who don't know what he is doing.  They get a call about a rifle in the park and potentially active shooter with a rifle.  How the hell do you respond to that call?  You come out expecting to be shot or kill a guy.

What this guy said.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Open carry is stupid.  Except at the Second Amendment March in September, where you look out of place if you don't have a rifle slung over your shoulder...

Some of us thrive on attention, the same as liberals thrive on calling the police on us.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...