Climate change, yep

Moeman

1 hour ago, DWARREN123 said:

Nature is in charge of climate changes not humans. The climate was changing before people, we only have to worry when it stops changing.

Name me another time where close to seven billion humans and the post industrial revolution happened. Not saying humans caused it, but we sure have contributed significantly. Billion screwed up from millions 

Edited by Moeman

13 minutes ago, Moeman said:

Name me another time where close to seven million humans and the post industrial revolution happened. Not saying humans caused it, but we sure have contributed significantly.

Then we need to get rid of that seven MILLION for the good of the others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Moeman said:

Name me another time where close to seven million humans and the post industrial revolution happened. Not saying humans caused it, but we sure have contributed significantly.

I know we cause the oceans in Nevada to desiccate, but since then, the carbon -credit program kept us from doing any more damage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's understand what we're talking about.

The only way to determine if human habitation and machines caused a gross, detrimental change in the Earth's climate over, say, the past 300 years is to rewind time to 300 years ago, remove the humans, thus, no machines, and then record climate data for the next 300 years and compare that to what we have already noted.

Any other hypothesis is  speculation and most of it, rank speculation motivated by interests other than science and the truth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tous said:

The only way to determine if human habitation and machines caused a gross, detrimental change in the Earth's climate over, say, the past 300 years is to rewind time to 300 years ago, remove the humans, thus, no machines, and then record climate data for the next 300 years and compare that to what we have already noted.

Any other hypothesis is  speculation and most of it, rank speculation motivated by interests other than science and the truth.

The scientific "community" has previously demonstrated that if you go against their teachings, you will risk life and limb.  Ask Copernicus and a few others.  

https://www.catholic.com/tract/the-galileo-controversy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BamaBud said:

Then we need to get rid of that seven MILLION for the good of the others.

24 minutes ago, tous said:

19 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The scientific "community" has previously demonstrated that if you go against their teachings, you will risk life and limb.  Ask Copernicus and a few others.  

https://www.catholic.com/tract/the-galileo-controversy

Or just look at places where like the Hudson River, Beijing.... my family has witnessed the coral go down anywhere near a golf course in HI. The fertilizer.  Some of it gained back by people pumping the brake pedal. 

13 minutes ago, Moeman said:

So dinosaurs pumped coal into the air or some kind of equivalent? Yes, I know it was a cool down. Basically put poisens into air, water etc and the end game is an end game for future generations. 

Andre the Giant is known for producing a 16 second fart on the set of "The Princess Bride". Can you imagine what Andre the Apatosaurus was capable of? https://www.livescience.com/20125-dinosaur-farts-climate.html

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1h

Edited by gwalchmai
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

so way back when it was Global Cooling,i was told not to throw Styrofoam containers out the window anymore.

now that it`s global cooling is it ok to litter again?

and its Global Cooling again do i get to counter it by using CFC deodorant again?

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Haha 1