Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

8 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Anyone else watch the news and wish the idiots writing the scripts would learn what the word "epicenter" means?

And while we're at it, are they having a contest to see just how many times they can use the phrase "flattening the curve" no matter how badly out of place/wrong they are actually using it?

Along those lines the misuse of the phrase decimated.  1 out of ten, not 9 out of 10. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 112.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

44 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Birx says government is classifying all deaths of patients with coronavirus as 'COVID-19' deaths, regardless of cause

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/birx-says-government-is-classifying-all-deaths-of-patients-with-coronavirus-as-covid-19-deaths-regardless-of-cause

I guess that's one way of reducing gun violence.

• Like 2

image.png.26b2ad4ca9a2e24c054a46ee94751d80.png

"IG reports have been used as another vehicle to attack President Trump while simultaneously covering up real crimes committed by anti-Trump bureaucrats.

For example, at the Monday Coronavirus Task Force press conference the media were trying to hit Trump up with a new “report” that came out from an anonymous HHS Inspector General that there is not enough testing at US hospitals.

Trump pushed back at the presser to find out that this IG was just appointed in January – then he pushed for more info and her name is Christi Grimm and she was a big part of HHS under Obama and heavily involved with Obamacare.

Now we come to find that this Christi Grimm is apparently spearheading the new “get Trump” effort to “investigate” him over the coronavirus response."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/president-trump-fire-several-deep-state-igs/

gotta love Correia 

One thing I’ve noticed by watching but not participating in social media over the last few months, it doesn’t matter how complex a situation is, people like to act like they’ve got the answers. Even though there are multiple things to worry about, people feel compelled to pick one particular thing to freak out about, and by golly, they’re gonna try and shame anybody who has picked a different particular to freak out about. So if you’re having a come apart about one thing, somebody will yell at you that your thing is stupid, and you should be more worried about their thing instead which is obviously far more important than your dumb thing.

For this epic battle our basic teams are: The Corona Virus is gonna kill us all, Trying to stop the Corona Virus is killing the economy, and Trying to stop #1 and/or #2 will result in government Tyranny/Stupidity/Overreach.

the mandatory Orange Man Bad stage. This is where you get continually pummeled by morons on the left saying that everything bad in the world is Trump’s ignorant fault, while also being screeched at by morons on the right saying that everything good in the world is Trump’s benevolent doing.

Luckily, both sides are idiots, and not every topic in the fu*^ing universe has to boil down to their idiot team sports. These boring idiots are compelled to make quite literally everything about Trump so just dodge out of the way and let them keep screaming at each other.

https://monsterhunternation.com/2020/04/02/choose-your-freak-out-now-fight-global-pandemic-edition/

NY: Cases Down 75%, Death Rate Flatlines

( sorry for that wretched pun )

Computer models predicted apocalypse, but the numbers are crap due to China’s lies.

The number of people hospitalized across the United States as a result of the novel coronavirus illness (COVID-19) is reportedly only a fraction of what some health experts projected a few days ago.

On Monday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters that in his state alone, the epicenter of the viral outbreak in the United States, new coronavirus hospitalizations dropped by about 75 percent, from 1,427 four days ago to 358 on Sunday.

Highlighting the drop in new hospitalizations in NY, the state hardest hit (131,239 cases; 4,758 deaths as of Monday) by the coronavirus, Alex Berenson, former New York Times reporter who has been following the U.S. outbreak closely, observed on Twitter on Monday: “It’s over, guys. It’s already over.”

Well, I wouldn’t go that far. And I wouldn’t grasp this thin straw as a lifeline. But still, it’s good news for today, and might be an “anecdotal” indication of better news tomorrow. 

.@NYGovCuomo’s aide Jim Malatras says the projections are now showing that the state unlikely to need 110,000 beds for #Coronavirus.

New projections show MUCH LOWER demand, near 20,000-30,000 range if the new chart is believed.

— Jesse McKinley (@jessemckinley) April 6, 2020

That means the new projections for the number of hospital beds needed in NY are between about 70 and 80 percent lower than initially estimated.

On Monday, Gov. Cuomo acknowledged that the drop in hospitalizations in combination with other signs, like the fatalities remaining flat for the second day in a row and a drop in intensive care unit (ICU) admissions, suggest a “possible flattening of the curve.”

Statistical models attempting to predict the impact of the Chinese coronavirus, including the ones created by IHME, rely, at least in part, on polluted data from the Chinese Communist Party, Breitbart News confirmed last Friday.

A growing number of experts – including Vice President Mike Pence and members of the Whitehouse Coronavirus Task Force that he leads – have questioned the legitimacy of China’s official coronavirus death toll and infection rate.

Anonymous members of the U.S. intelligence community allegedly agree that China has been hiding the severity of the viral outbreak within its borders, under-reporting both total cases and fatalities linked to the disease, Bloomberg reported this week.

The IHME predictions for New York also reflected a discrepancy between the institute’s forecasts and the actual number of hospitalizations.

http://www.barking-moonbat.com/index.php/weblog/the_chicoms_even_screwed_up_our_numbers/

My son earlier: "Well, I guess you heard the good news to you, bad news to me, huh?"

Me: Huh?

He: Sanders has dropped out.

Me (seriously): Doug?

He: Bernie

Me: Oh, well he was never really "in".

I felt like this scene from Tombstone:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1