Random Posting

Eric

My legislature has passed a law in Minnesota in 2015.  That law will be upheld in any declaration of an Emergency.  This was reiterated today:

"...There will be no door-to-door firearm confiscation in the state of Minnesota...."

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

ec01e714fedb7787.png?1585261384

I asked a dealer why my new car (a while ago) didn't have a drain plug on the automatic transmission pan. 

I was told that the repeated draining and replacing of fluid on short intervals was putting more contamination into the transmission than just leaving it alone.

Now I trade the car instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

My ship had Thompsons for each member  of the crew.  Many people don't realize how heavy they are.

A friend owned several auto subguns. The Thompson was not my favorite, too heavy. I preferred the Grease gun. tom. :cowboy2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, deputy tom said:

A friend owned several auto subguns. The Thompson was not my favorite, too heavy. I preferred the Grease gun. tom. :cowboy2:

I have never shot any other machine gun so I wouldn't know.  it does appear that the construction might make it easier to carry.

• Like 1

I have never shot any other machine gun so I wouldn't know.  it does appear that the construction might make it easier to carry.

The grease gun was much lighter. He also had a Beretta sub that was a pleasure to shoot. It was a 9mm. tom. :cowboy2:

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My legislature has passed a law in Minnesota in 2015.  That law will be upheld in any declaration of an Emergency.  This was reiterated today:

"...There will be no door-to-door firearm confiscation in the state of Minnesota...."

So it won’t be door-to-door then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

So it won’t be door-to-door then?

You have to understand the significance of this law in this state.

Minnesota is considered the most liberal state in the union.  However, we have concealed Carry, and if you carry in an establishment that has posted "no firearms", you can only be asked to leave. You cannot lose your permit to carry, but if you refuse to leave they can ban you from that store.  But, the state nor local law cannot take away your permit.

I find this to be quite the paradox for the most liberal state!

• Like 1

You have to understand the significance of this law in this state.

Minnesota is considered the most liberal state in the union.  However, we have concealed Carry, and if you carry in an establishment that has posted "no firearms", you can only be asked to leave. You cannot lose your permit to carry, but if you refuse to leave they can ban you from that store.  But, the state nor local law cannot take away your permit.

I find this to be quite the paradox for the most liberal state!

I was being facetious 

any and every step is a good one

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

I was being facetious 

any and every step is a good one

I didn't take it as snarky, I just am amazed myself, that this state wants to control your very life, but we still carry guns.  So that's quite contradictory to me.  But I'll take it as a last resort for change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

My ship had Thompsons for each member  of the crew.  Many people don't realize how heavy they are.

Yep, cause they're HEWN, not stamped, and they're full of 230gr goodness. One of my favorite Robert Heinlein quotes is "When you shoot somebody with a Thompson, they stay shot". ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic