Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

1 minute ago, Borg warner said:

Indeed. SCHVIMMWAGEN! Excellent pictures, Eric.

I've had a number of VW bugs and liked them but sometimes cursed them as Hitler's Revenge.

My favorite memories of my wife's early model VW was when my Sister In Law came in the house one very, very cold Winter evening, with her arm holding up her boobs.  She had borrowed my wife's VW to go to work since her car didn't start that morning. 

She said the frozen suspension riding the potholes damn near shook her boobs right off her.  They were so sore all she did was complain about her boobs.  Ahhhhhh. Old memories are the best!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I had a 1958 with a 36 horse engine rebuilt by a trade school that was the most reliable after it got the new engine. I sold it and it ran for many years.And I had a 62 that I bought for 30 bucks that was a beater and had a non-running 40 horse 1200 that I rebuilt and then I sold it and got a 66 with a 1300 and it ran good but I put a dual port 1600 in it.

The 1300 would make it ups a steep grade without downshifting if you got  run at it and pegged the speedometer. My brother rebuilt a 68 Super Beetle a couple years ago and bought an 1840 crate engine with a single Weber carb and it really runs good. He lowered it, painted it primer black, and put the old style 54-67 bumpers on it.

Volkswagen-cutaway-2h088n2.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I had a 1958 with a 36 horse engine rebuilt by a trade school that was the most reliable after it got the new engine. I sold it and it ran for many years.And I had a 62 that I bought for 30 bucks that was a beater and had a non-running 40 horse 1200 that I rebuilt and then I sold it and got a 66 with a 1300 and it ran good but I put a dual port 1600 in it.

The 1300 would make it ups a steep grade without downshifting if you got  run at it and pegged the speedometer. My brother rebuilt a 68 Super Beetle a couple years ago and bought an 1840 crate engine with a single Weber carb and it really runs good. He lowered it, painted it primer black, and put the old style 54-67 bumpers on it.

I had a few Vee Wees. tom. :cowboy2:

ETA My son had a few but they were water pumpers. Two Jettas and a Passat.

Edited by deputy tom
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Did you ever jump the battery in one of those. Ugh!

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, tous said:

Some of us still consider a Porsche with a radiator blasphemy.

But, the 944 was certainly an improvement over the anemic 924.

Those picnic table bumpers still make me shudder.

That’s not a 944. It’s a 1988 Dodge Conquest Tsi. It is a Dodge-badged Mitsubishi performance car. Very similar look though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

That’s not a 944. It’s a 1988 Dodge Conquest Tsi. It is a Dodge-badged Mitsubishi performance car. Very similar look though. 

Ooooops.

:redface:

I looked too fast.

I am really embarrassed.

They just came and yanked my car guy card.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, tous said:

Ooooops.

:redface:

I looked too fast.

I am really embarrassed.

They just came and yanked my car guy card.

They have very similar lines. The Conquest just has more sharp edges. I do love the 944 as well. 

• Like 1