Of what is your daily carry holster made?

fortyofforty

Of what material is your usual daily carry holster made?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Of what material is your usual daily carry holster made?

• Leather
    • Kydex
    • Nylon
    • I don't use a holster
    • Other

I use leather, kydex and hybrid holsters regularly. It just depends on the gun and overall circumstances that day.  Regardless of the material, I don't like cheap holsters that are made to fit a bunch of different guns.  Anything I use is molded for the specific gun.  I voted "other" since the holster I probably use the most right now is the N82 Tactical Professional, which has a suede back, neoprene core, leather surface and polycarbonate shell. 

I really like my Galco 7X Matrix holster for the Kahr CW9.  It's thermoplastic, OWB, with the snaps for easy on/off; also rides close, very high and comfortable. A great deal for about $36. I think that is saying something too, because I have 35 - 40 holsters of many brands, styles, material, and costs (none of them cheap junk).

16 hours ago, Kp352g said:

Kramer horsehide holsters are addictive like drugs. I now have one or more for every gun I have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a couple #3s. I find the holster to be on the thick side, and feels harder than a Kydex holster. 

• 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:46 AM, fortyofforty said:

Anyone here use Kydex in extreme cold?

Gets pretty cold in MN but the holster is against my body so it sees warmer than ambient temps.  Some Kydex are thin and eventually crack on a stressed bend.  Some brands are thicker (a few mils) and solid.  I prefer Kydex with a leather back because it holds open and is easier to replace in the holster.