Stupid Things Told To Kids

Eric

6 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I knew teachers were lying when they told us we'd be in an ice age in 20 years, out of oil, driving flying cars. etc. Most teachers are dumb as hell. My uncle who I logged with had an extreme dislike for them and often said, "Those who can, Do. Those who can't, Teach." My apologies to any good teachers on here.

I taught at the college level for three years. Accounting. Enjoyed it, and a part of me wished from time to time I had made that my career. Decided to go do instead of teach, and that worked out well. Ran into a former student at a professional seminar years later who fondly remembered my classes. So I must have done something right.

And generally I think the can/can’t characterization is too accurate too often. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

This wasn’t an adult, but my oldest brother. I was in 4th grade and he was in middle school when he came home one day with a new word. The word was lesbian and he said it meant that you like girls. Me and my two brothers walked around for several days saying we were lesbians, until someone told us the rest of the story.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

On 4/9/2021 at 1:44 AM, Eric said:

This wasn’t an adult, but my oldest brother. I was in 4th grade and he was in middle school when he came home one day with a new word. The word was lesbian and he said it meant that you like girls. Me and my two brothers walked around for several days saying we were lesbians, until someone told us the rest of the story.

MRW I come across a band called Metalachi a mariachi metal ...

• Like 1