R.B.G. is D.O.A.

holyjohnson

On 9/18/2020 at 7:46 PM, holyjohnson said:

Ted Cruz..

Probably not the best time.  If Cruz is nominated you lose one vote in the senate to approve.  This one is gonna be really close anyway - that vote might make the difference.

One idea I heard was Trey Gowdy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

Probably not the best time.  If Cruz is nominated you lose one vote in the senate to approve.  This one is gonna be really close anyway - that vote might make the difference.

One idea I heard was Trey Gowdy.

We have seven Republicans more than there are Democrats.  There are two who claim neither party.

So...basically we have a five seat majority.  Six if you include the Vice President's vote.

This is going to be the the famous Louisiana purchase and Obama care.

Both of the Republican senators from Alaska and Maine are going to be in great positions to demand something from the party for themselves or their state.

This is all back room negotiations at this point.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

We have seven Republicans more than there are Democrats.  There are two who claim neither party.

So...basically we have a five seat majority.  Six if you include the Vice President's vote.

Both of the Republican senators from Alaska and Maine are going to be in great positions to demand something from the party for themselves or their state.

As it stands there are 3-4 senators who have said they don't support pushing through a new SCJ (Romney, Collins, Murkowski (?), one other).  So that advantage goes down to 3.  Who knows who else will also go along with this.

That does not mean they won't vote to APPROVE the justice necessarily.

But I think Trump has said he will nominate a woman.

59 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

As it stands there are 3-4 senators who have said they don't support pushing through a new SCJ (Romney, Collins, Murkowski (?), one other).  So that advantage goes down to 3.  Who knows who else will also go along with this.

That does not mean they won't vote to APPROVE the justice necessarily.

But I think Trump has said he will nominate a woman.

Romney is such a sad case.   I had hopes he would do the right thing.   His state is not worthy.

Just because they don't support it doesn't mean they won't vote for our lady.

That being said:   The Democrats are just pissed because of one thing.   They did not get to replace Ginsberg.   And we know they would be doing the same darn thing we are doing right NOW...if they were in power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Sen Murkowski will not support any nomination. She is a RINO. Most Alaskans hate her. She lost her primary but mounted a massive write in campaign supported by all the Natives in the Bush that want free **** like they always get from a Democrat.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Sen Murkowski will not support any nomination. She is a RINO. Most Alaskans hate her. She lost her primary but mounted a massive write in campaign supported by all the Natives in the Bush that want free **** like they always get from a Democrat.

Must be the extreme cold in that region that makes her think that way.

9 minutes ago, Historian said:

Must be the extreme cold in that region that makes her think that way.

She was appointed by her daddy when he stepped down to run for Governor of Alaska. He made it one term. Most people in the state were pissed when he selected his own daughter, but she quickly endeared herself to the Natives with her democrat actions towards them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

She was appointed by her daddy when he stepped down to run for Governor of Alaska. He made it one term. Most people in the state were pissed when he selected his own daughter, but she quickly endeared herself to the Natives with her democrat actions towards them.

She won with 40 percent of the vote last time.  It was split up.

• Like 1

The Democrats in the house can attempt to create all sorts of issues.

And it's not likely to work.

Make more states?  Takes two thirds of the house to pass that one on the senate.   They don't have two thirds.  Not to mention the people who live will have to vote on joining a and their constitution accepted by our government.

Add more justices?   Not as long as the Republicans have a senate majority.

They are really kind of stuck until they have the senate and the president.

• Thanks 1

I tried to be sorry when I heard of her passing, and I certainly feel some sympathy for her family, but I can't feel any sense of loss for the nation, in fact I think it is the close of a dark chapter where we allowed the courts to make some very evil decisions in the name of out country.

Her legacy is hanging on well past the ability to function, trying to milk every last drop of power out of a position she far overplayed, loyal to her twisted ideals to the very bitter end.

Her eternity is now in the hands of a just and righteous God.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fog said:

I tried to be sorry when I heard of her passing, and I certainly feel some sympathy for her family, but I can't feel any sense of loss for the nation, in fact I think it is the close of a dark chapter where we allowed the courts to make some very evil decisions in the name of out country.

She was very smart and provided an excellent counter balance to what many of us consider to be right and just. Without her, i think our argument for more liberty and conservative ways...would not have been as clearly correct.

She was the anvil of the left.   

• Like 2