I'm free! No more Smart(ass) phone!

jmohme

I had not worn a wrist watch in years, but the ability of this watch in conjunction with bluetooth air pods, got me back into them. 

My cardiologist also encourage me to get the new one for the heart rate monitor and ECG, but I am just thrilled that I can leave the smart ass phone in in my nightstand drawer now.

Did I mention that I hate smart phones!!!!

3 hours ago, Historian said:

I found out via butt dial that my wife sings in the car.  Not well either.  Wish i had a recording.  It was funny.

That sure is a nice looking watch/computer.  It does a lot of things, i'm sure.

How do you know it was a Butt Dial, and not a very subtle attempt to seduce you with her legendary Siren's wiles, and the magic qualities of her voice.

You are a lucky man to have one so devoted to you that she would want to serenade you, while fighting her way through terrible traffic risking life and limb to win and retain  your affections.

Or.  Maybe not.

• Like 1

You traded a smartphone for a smartwatch, but you still had to take the picture with the smartphone.   I did the same only I have the android version, the Galaxy Smartwatch 46mm.  Works with Bluetooth and WiFi.   Does much more than my other watches and weights much less.  I had stopped wearing my chrono because it was heavy and dug into my wrist. 

Nice thing about the watch is if I get a text or call while driving or busy I don't have to dig out the phone.  If I'm at the gym on the treadmill it records my pulse and steps and charts them and compares them to previous workouts. 

My latest smart thing is my smartpillow.  I developed a snoring problem and the wife would go in the other room to sleep.  Just got it but it worked the first night like a charm.  The microphone detects sound and inflates the pillow turning your head gently. Bluetooth charts it all on an app and you can see your pattern and adjust accordingly. 

image.png.eeb418c281e1ed875a956ad68a513cc6.png

3 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Nice thing about the watch is if I get a text or call while driving or busy I don't have to dig out the phone.  If I'm at the gym on the treadmill it records my pulse and steps and charts them and compares them to previous workouts. 

My latest smart thing is my smartpillow.  I developed a snoring problem and the wife would go in the other room to sleep.  Just got it but it worked the first night like a charm.  The microphone detects sound and inflates the pillow turning your head gently. Bluetooth charts it all on an app and you can see your pattern and adjust accordingly. 

image.png.eeb418c281e1ed875a956ad68a513cc6.png

Got a link to that pillow. I need one of those!

Never mind, I just found it on Amazon and am getting ready to order one! 

Thanks!

Edited by jmohme

3 minutes ago, jmohme said:

Thanks!

Still need a link.

The one I found just vibrates when it detects snoring. I like the idea of one the adjust better.

1 minute ago, jmohme said:

Thank You much!

Keep in mind you need a table or some stable surface rather close to the area to place the control box with the microphone.  The hole with the microphone needs to be pointed toward you to detect your sounds.  Also needs AC power source also.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Keep in mind you need a table or some stable surface rather close to the area to place the control box with the microphone.  The hole with the microphone needs to be pointed toward you to detect your sounds.  Also needs AC power source also.

Thanks for the info. Ive got all that covered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Something else, I left my watch on the table next to the pillow and every time I snored the Bluetooth transmitted and the watch picked it up.  Well I have health fitness app on the watch that keeps track of the pulse, steps and so on and also hours I sleep.  I don't pay much attention to the sleep part but today I noticed it showed I only slept an hour and a half last night.  May be smart but beware of little quirks like that with smart technology.

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

How do you know it was a Butt Dial, and not a very subtle attempt to seduce you with her legendary Siren's wiles, and the magic qualities of her voice.

Ahh, i have fallen for that.  She said, "I baked you a ham."

In was a starving college student.  I married her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jmohme said:

Thanks!

My method is cheaper.

When I snore, my wife punches me and says turn over.  Pavlov Seems to be on to something.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Something else, I left my watch on the table next to the pillow and every time I snored the Bluetooth transmitted and the watch picked it up.  Well I have health fitness app on the watch that keeps track of the pulse, steps and so on and also hours I sleep.  I don't pay much attention to the sleep part but today I noticed it showed I only slept an hour and a half last night.  May be smart but beware of little quirks like that with smart technology.

This reinforces something I have said for some time. 

The one thing that all "smart" devices share is that they are anything but smart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My method is cheaper.

When I snore, my wife punches me and says turn over.  Pavlov Seems to be on to something.

I currently use a similar method. 

This is why I am interested. I would really like something less painful.

• Haha 2