Van Packed With A 1,000 Gallons Of Gas Found Ahead Of Trump's Visit To Baltimore

pipedreams

Since then a 2nd van with 600 gallon has been found, not sure if just theft or terror.

Van Packed With A 1,000 Gallons Of Gas Found Ahead Of Trump's Visit To Baltimore

Baltimore City Police and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives are now investigating a van loaded with 1,000 gallons of gasoline in a parking garage in downtown Baltimore City. The van was found near the area of where President Trump is expected to visit Thursday, reported The Baltimore Sun.

A police spokesperson told The Sun that they received a call at 11:02 am about a suspicious van in a parking garage at 100 E. Pratt St., which is home to T. Rowe Price and PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Around noon, emergency crews expanded the evacuations zone across the inner Harbor to include The Gallery shopping mall, the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace and Brookshire Suites hotels.

T. Rowe Price employees have confirmed they've been sent home for the day -- many are shook-up at what could have been a possible terrorist attack ahead of President Trump's visit. Officials haven't yet confirmed if terrorism was involved, but packing 1,000 gallons of gasoline into a van is certainly suspicious...

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/police-vehicle-packed-with-1000-gallons-gasoline/

https://100percentfedup.com/breaking-two-vans-filled-with-over-1600-gallons-of-gasoline-found-in-baltimore-near-venue-where-trump-is-scheduled-to-speak/

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/van-loaded-with-1000-gallons-of-gas-forces-baltimore-
evacuation/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...line-found-in-baltimore-ahead-of-gop-retreat/

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here in SE Michigan they put large tanks inside vans, cut a hole in the floor, park the van over the filling ports at gas stations and drop a hose into the tank hooked to a pump in the van. They fill their tank inside the van and go sell the contents to other arab gas station owners. I am not sure the capacity of the tank inside the vans though, 1000 gallons seems large, I think gas weighs a little over 6 pounds per gallon so I doubt the ones here are adding 6K pounds and driving around with that inside.

• Like 4

Fuel prices are not high enough to support the hypothesis that street gangs or criminal enterprises are stealing fuel en masse for profit driven sales. Some theft is probable, but not at the level where thousands of gallons are sitting on urban streets waiting for distribution, resale, etc. 

With a high level political event occurring in Baltimore and these trucks just happen to appear in proximity of the event implies the simplest of outcomes: VBIEDs. 

The weight of one gallon of gasoline is 6.3 pounds per gallon, therefore one has to use a medium duty truck/van to haul that much fuel. These vehicles are often the choice of terrorists and they stick out to those who know what they are searching for. To the average person, they are nothing more than the virtually anonymous truck in front of them on the road, trundling down the road.  

• Like 3

That would make a big fire and a lot of black smoke, but no real concussive effects unless it was in a pressurized state, creating a BLEVE (boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion).

As just a big tank of gas, it'd be really impressive to look at, but not much damage to the Presidential motorcade unless it came in direct contact.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tadbart said:

That would make a big fire and a lot of black smoke, but no real concussive effects unless it was in a pressurized state, creating a BLEVE (boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion).

As just a big tank of gas, it'd be really impressive to look at, but not much damage to the Presidential motorcade unless it came in direct contact.

I think the maximum effect would be to dump the gas out of the van, then after a few moments to let some vaporize, you ignite it.

I wish the media had provided more details.  A van full of gas is a very vague description.  Was it a massive tank equipped to pump the fuel in and out as if someone was running a black market business.  Or, did it look like it was waiting to be mixed with something else.  By itself, gasoline just burns.  And, as Janice6 mentioned, it would need to be in a vapor to really make a Hollywood style flash.  But, not a high explosive by any means. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tadbart said:

Agreed. Definitely much better terrorist stuff out there than gasoline. Just look at what ya can do with chicken crap.

:anim_rofl2:  I think the BBC described them as manure bombs when that was the way that the IRA was destabilizing their nation. 

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Here is one picture I found of one of the vans which you can see the containers inside.

Thanks,  A picture is worth a thousand words.  That setup looks very industrial to me.  I wonder who removed the rear side window. 

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

Because, Mr. Dimipinoudis, FREE is better than CHEAP.

Yeah, I think this is fearmongering by the media. Somebody was stealing fuel, not trying to char-grill the Presidential motorcade.

Agree, but finding two vans must be a thriving business in that city. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Agree, but finding two vans must be a thriving business in that city. 

Apparently Baltimore is one of those S***hole countries where people steal fuel from stations, tankers and pipelines and then cause horrific suffering while justifying it with the claim, we're poor, this is what we do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWARREN123 said:

The van is not sitting down on its suspension like it should  with 1,000 gallon .

Have they already removed the gas?

I thought the same thing.  with the reputation of today's journalists, they may not know the difference of an order of magnitude.

22 hours ago, tadbart said:

I am impressed you know what a BLEVE is.

Of course we called them something different;

The noise the reporter hears is the pressure relief valve lifting. It continues until the tank softens under the heat and comes apart. The flammable liquid then starts boiling with the reduced pressure and the vapor cloud ignites creating a 

BLAST LEVELING EVERYTHING VERY EFFICIENTLY or BLEVE.

;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DWARREN123 said:

The van is not sitting down on its suspension like it should  with 1,000 gallon .

Have they already removed the gas?

They said they only found approximately 80 gallon in those tanks when they went to pump it out.  The 2nd van however did have about 600 gallon according to the Sun story.  Wonder if it will ever be revealed who owned the vans since they were not rentals.

• Thanks 1