University of South Carolina student kidnapped, murdered

SC Tiger

Not sure if it's been posted but a student from the University of South Carolina was kidnapped and killed by a guy posing as an Uber driver she called.  How he knew she called one I do not know.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/boyfriend-of-slain-u-of-sc-student-was-on-phone-with-her-during-deadly-drive-he-says/27028604

There is an odd part to this - she was on the phone with her boyfriend when she was kidnapped - after she realized there was a problem.  He said he "couldn't do anything" because he was "2-1/2 hours away".

I know he was probably taken off guard but it seems to me the smart thing would be to

1)  Call the police and give them all the information you can.  Let them also track her phone.

2)  Get a weapon

3 - if needed)  Keep tracking her yourself and go hunting.  Hope the police get there first.  If not.......do what needs to be done.

2-1/2 hours isn't THAT long.  I'd at least head that way.

2 and 3 aren't for everyone - but for **** sake at LEAST do #1.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Sad 1

yes, for the sake of caring for your girl, why not hop on that darn moped and put your ass down the byway with a butterknife! do SOMETHING!!!

That aside, bless her poor soul.

that said, we DO NOT do the "Call a stranger for a ride" thing.

If my wife told me that SH** over the phone, Theres a million things i would have done, BUT saying she was too far away would definitely not be one of them

When my wife was in college (365 miles away) before we married, she called me late one night and woke me up saying she had been violated. I had a 1911 in one hand and was pulling on a pair of pants with the other by the time her drunk ass explained that someone had stolen her 6 pack. Needless to say, I was not impressed. 

• Haha 2

he did'nt act like a uber driver   it was just real bad luck  , when she got in he was prolly shocked.  and maybe then act like an uber driver,he also had the child proof back doors locked so she could not open door . they think he also  had a habit  of driving around bars and closing times.    

deadly mistake in the video  she never takes the phone away from her face , 

not paying attention  and just gets in the car   , it could have been any car

always keep eye on where you are at  and who is there

if can travel in pairs 

carry a weapon ,   i can take a fountain pen , or tooth brush  or pair of keys  and kill you with in seconds. yeah she was a girl 

but she played the stupid game.  i feel so bad for her family  when you got kids, teenagers and even young adults  you got to

prepare them  . if wearing high heels  slam that right in that ear  ,done , but she might have been just deer in headlights.  

i have 2 grown daughters  and i never worried about them , because they knew what to do . sometimes you will die  no matter what

you do  but in this case it could have been alot better outcome if she knew things to do .   

• Like 1

i  already spoke my condolences to the family  ,  but i could not laugh at stating someone who states the obvious  like well you know the child locks were locked so you know you we up to no good . what the hell else would he be doing  .  so how bout give  family some peace . i know alittle more about this story because i have a family member in south carolina and i will leave it at that.  lot more to the story but we shall see if it comes to light

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ASH said:

i  already spoke my condolences to the family  ,  but i could not laugh at stating someone who states the obvious  like well you know the child locks were locked so you know you we up to no good . what the hell else would he be doing  .  so how give my family some piece . i know alittle more about this story because i have a family member in south carolina and i will leave it at that.  lot more to the story but we shall see if it comes to light

If you have the inside story and that makes you feels superior, then more power to you.  

i think  someone thinking someone is superior  in a tragedy  like this is a complete dolt .  the only trying to act superior is you .   young girl died and murdered   thats bad enough .  so leave it alone  

7 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

Give the victim and her family a little peace.  

I'd prefer we all spread her idiotic story far and wide, and label it for what it was, pure bovine stupidity. 

The point is to show others how NOT to behave.

This P.C. crap where we're not allowed to offend or hurt other people's feelings is creating generations of morons with no common sense.

Edited by M&P15T

I saw the guy making the statement on the news.  He said he was "following" her on his phone but he "knew something was wrong."

Now we have all probably experienced when we "knew something was wrong" but didn't actually know - it is more like a feeling.  But at that point why didn't he call her?  Did the driver take her phone or something?  Did he have enough for the police to take him seriously (I doubt "not answering her phone" meets that standard, if there IS a standard).

55 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

I'd prefer we all spread her idiotic story far and wide, and label it for what it was, pure bovine stupidity. 

The point is to show others how NOT to behave.

This P.C. crap where we're not allowed to offend or hurt other people's feelings is creating generations of morons with no common sense.

I don't think we know enough yet to know what happened.  I would think she would have tried to call someone.  Preferably a group of someones.  With guns.  And body armor.  And badges.  

We know she got in a car she THOUGHT was her Uber (doesn't Uber give a description of the car BTW?), and that the BF was tracking her.  Not sure what else is out right now.

Edited by SC Tiger

48 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

As I said before, that he had the child proof locks engaged says a lot about what he was up to.    

When getting in an Uber or Lyft, that would be a good thing to check.  I never even thought about it.  Is it still on the actual door?

8 hours ago, ASH said:

i  already spoke my condolences to the family  ,  but i could not laugh at stating someone who states the obvious  like well you know the child locks were locked so you know you we up to no good . what the hell else would he be doing  .  so how bout give  family some peace . i know alittle more about this story because i have a family member in south carolina and i will leave it at that.  lot more to the story but we shall see if it comes to light

And precisely where do you think I am?

1 hour ago, SC Tiger said:

I saw the guy making the statement on the news.  He said he was "following" her on his phone but he "knew something was wrong."

What's the chances she didn't know he had the ability to track her phone, and he didn't do anything because he didn't want her and others to know he was tracking her every move?

Seems to me he knew damn well she was in serious trouble, and for some reason refused to do anything about it.  

ETA; And maybe the boyfriend was involved in what happened to her, set-up her kidnapping and murder. That the murderer just happened to know where to be and when to pick her up, makes me suspicious.

Edited by M&P15T

1 hour ago, M&P15T said:

What's the chances she didn't know he had the ability to track her phone, and he didn't do anything because he didn't want her and others to know he was tracking her every move?

Seems to me he knew damn well she was in serious trouble, and for some reason refused to do anything about it.  

ETA; And maybe the boyfriend was involved in what happened to her, set-up her kidnapping and murder. That the murderer just happened to know where to be and when to pick her up, makes me suspicious.

To track someone's phone (without a warrant or LEO involvement), they have to give you permission in the app.  I guess he could have gotten her phone and done that without her knowing but I doubt it.  

As to the rest - that's a LONG road of what-ifs.  Why would he do that?  If he wanted rid of her, just dump her.  The simpler explanation is that she did know the guy who picked her up.  But beyond that......

Most likely scenario is she was very drunk (that area where she was picked up is a major bar area for UofSC), called an Uber, got in the wrong car, and bad **** went down.  Probably pretty easy to guess who's waiting on a car, pull up and if they get in, they get in.  

Edited by SC Tiger

6 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

And precisely where do you think I am?

SC  could mean a million different  things  , southern  cal      and not even mean states   ,who knows what user names people  use,   i  was just replying to what you said how did he know  she called uber , when i posted  and said he did not know  it was blind luck or in this case a very sad death ,  sometimes not thinking gets you hurt  and sadly sometimes gets you dead .  in the video she never even looked at the car  and prolly could not tell you what color it was ,  to busy on phone ,  hits home to me because i have daughters as i stated way back in thread  along with locking the child locks  ,  i know my sorrento has em its a 2014  .nobody pays attention anymore  

17 hours ago, ASH said:

SC  could mean a million different  things  , southern  cal      and not even mean states   ,who knows what user names people  use,   i  was just replying to what you said how did he know  she called uber , when i posted  and said he did not know  it was blind luck or in this case a very sad death ,  sometimes not thinking gets you hurt  and sadly sometimes gets you dead .  in the video she never even looked at the car  and prolly could not tell you what color it was ,  to busy on phone ,  hits home to me because i have daughters as i stated way back in thread  along with locking the child locks  ,  i know my sorrento has em its a 2014  .nobody pays attention anymore  

Fair, but my approximately 8 bazillion Clemson posts probably indicate I'm in South Carolina.  ?  Of course, you could just not remember any of my posts...... :anim_lol:

Seriously - for anyone with daughters this has to hit home.  I have one 8 year old son and I would love to stab this mofo in the neck for this.  Always best to stay in groups and be very, VERY wary of ride-sharing.  And of excessive alcohol (not trying to judge, but being drunk makes you more susceptible to bad decisions that can help get you killed).

I think that, in the end though, we are going to find out there is more to this.  Either she recognized him (and he offered her a ride) or something else was up.  She also didn't live that far from that area, which is kind of the party area for UofSC.  She would have known pretty quickly that something was up - unless the alcohol was doing a number on her. 

I don't want to speculate too much yet.  We need more data.

None of this changes the fact that this guy needs to f'in die.

Edited by SC Tiger