Should a truck have 4X4?

crockett

27 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

where I live, in the winter you not only need 4wd you need a rig with some ground clearance.  But I don't see why anyone would need a 4x4 in Florida.

As I said, chances are I'll be moving out west. I won't sit around and watch the Dems take over and **** up yet another state. Plenty of sun in Arizona (as soon as the Flake fucked off), Colorado or Wyoming. That being said, we do have a ton of mudding here. Keep in mind, half FL is a swamp.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, Borg warner said:

where I live, in the winter you not only need 4wd you need a rig with some ground clearance.  But I don't see why anyone would need a 4x4 in Florida.

When I was in Panama City (beach), I stopped to see if I could help a couple that had pulled off the Beach road to turn around, and drove right into sugar sand.  Really buried it.

A local young man in a 4x4 stopped and said he would pull them onto the road.  He also said, aside to me,   Northerners driving down here think they can just pull off anywhere they want.  His 4x4 had big wide flotation tires and he could drive over the sand.

I didn't tell him that those tires that worked so well in  FLA would get him killed on the wet and icy streets in the North.

Yes, they have a purpose in FLA.

• Like 3

Around here a 2X4 is almost impossible to sell and have no resale value. So I only buy 4X4s. That's almost all the dealers have anyway. You do see more 4X4s in the ditch. Because they feel more stable on snow and people go too fast. They will loose control like any other when you hit the brakes at too high a speed.  

• Like 1