Springfield Armory 10mm XD next week??

PNWguy

Cool. I'm a fan of the XD series guns. Especially in what are the Glock large frame calibers. I have a pair of 45 caliber Mod 2s and really like them. Why Glock's engineers couldn't make them a little less blocky is beyond me. I no longer reload and don't currently have a 10mm. If I were in the market for a polymer 10, the XD would be near the top of my list.

• Like 1

The 5" barrel XD Tactical would be perfect for the 10mm caliber in full size. I had the 45 version and it is very solid mechanically and reliable. I got rid of it because it didn't feel right to me in comparison to my G21 or USP 45 both of which I had put lots of rounds through prior to getting the XD45 Tactical for a good deal from a friend.

SDC12044.JPG

• Like 1

I love the original XD line, not to much of a fan of the XDm.

I saw pics of two models of the XDm supposedly coming out next week on another forum earlier today. They have the same horrible grip texture (I love stippling but this nonsense on the XDm is horrible) and has  the same high barrel axis, and a high MSRP, so I doubt I'll be looking at them. I they add an OSP version in the $500.00 street price range maybe, otherwise no thanks.

16 hours ago, Mike said:

Here are the pics from the other forum. I just copy and pasted so I can not guarantee their authenticity.

XDM94510BHCE.jpg

XDM952510BHCE.jpg

I'm glad to see someone else making a 10mm but I like the looks of my G20SF better. Polymer guns are basically ugly but the Glock has a more "Clean" look while the design of the Springfield looks "Cluttered". I do like the adjustable sights on the Springfield however, The grip shape of the Springfield  looks like it might be more comfortable than the Glock because of the Glock "Hump", although I've learned to adapt to the Glock grip and it doesn't cause me any problems as long as I can have the SF frame on the full size Glocks.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 11:51 AM, Borg warner said:

I'm glad to see someone else making a 10mm but I like the looks of my G20SF better. Polymer guns are basically ugly but the Glock has a more "Clean" look while the design of the Springfield looks "Cluttered". I do like the adjustable sights on the Springfield however, The grip shape of the Springfield  looks like it might be more comfortable than the Glock because of the Glock "Hump", although I've learned to adapt to the Glock grip and it doesn't cause me any problems as long as I can have the SF frame on the full size Glocks.

Same here.  Glock might look a lot like a brick sometimes, but there is something to be said for simplicity.