Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

3 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I'll just go with the "We the people want this woman out of office and in Prison!!!" 

Fact check THAT siht mercys dad!:anim_rofl2:

Ok......we the people want Pelosi out of office

very true

and in PRRIIIIISSSSOOONNNN!!!

that’s dumb

• Replies 113.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

Some officials in the Trump White House are questioning the death toll numbers publicized by the coronavirus task force projecting 100,000 to 240,000 dead Americans.

In fact, one of the researchers whose data was used by the White House to project the death toll is also wondering how the coronavirus task force arrived at its conclusions.

According to the Post, several White House staffers have doubted the accuracy of the figures. One source said  Anthony Fauci, an immunologist who is coordinating the coronavirus task force, told others there were too many factors at play to come up with an accurate estimate.

“I’ve looked at all the models. I’ve spent a lot of time on the models. They don’t tell you anything. You can’t really rely upon models,” he said to members of the task force, according to the Post.

But even the researchers whose work was used to create those scary numbers are questioning the results.

Jeffrey Shaman, an epidemiologist at Columbia University whose research was cited by the White House, told the Post his work doesn’t go far enough to reach those sorts of estimates.

“We don’t have a sense of what’s going on in the here and now, and we don’t know what people will do in the future,” he said. “We don’t know if the virus is seasonal, as well.”

Virus "hardliners" in the White House want much stricter social distancing and almost a total shutdown of the economy, while others -- including the president -- want the current regimen to continue and then impose stricter controls where they're needed and if it becomes necessary.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/white-house-officials-privately-questioning-virus-death-toll-numbers/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

A train engineer at the Port of Los Angeles was arrested Wednesday
for allegedly derailing a locomotive at full speed near the USNS Mercy hospital ship.  

Wonder if he was union...

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/04/01/coronavirus-hospital-ship-train-engineer-arrested-for-derailing-train-near-usns-mercy/

Don't know but most of those port jobs are union and it hard to get on.  The guy really messed up a good job.  When I lived out there all the dock workers were union.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

When a political party wants control over the public rather than to improve the lot of the public, you definitely shouldn't vote for them.

When a party uses a virus to see how far they can go in controlling the public and industry.

the next excuse won’t be far away

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

When a party uses a virus to see how far they can go in controlling the public and industry.

the next excuse won’t be far away

I don't agree that this is a political inspired issue, but I do agree that no party should be trusted.

Right now we are seeing the results of ignorant politicians trying to outdo each other, since none of the individually has any concept of how to treat a crisis, A crisis of nature or man made. 

I keep reiterating that politicians are ignorant fools that have no training in anything, and now we are trusting them to deal with something they know nothing about, a contagion or management of a country.

• Like 2