Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

Well, this has me worried...

President Trump on Sunday forcefully denounced two mass shootings in Ohio and Texas, saying "hate has no place in our country."

As the president spoke, top Democratic presidential candidates -- including Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Cory Booker -- demanded Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell recall Congress from its recess, currently slated to last until the second week of September, to vote on initiatives to curb gun violence.

Addressing reporters in Morristown, New Jersey, Trump promised "we're going to take care" of the problem. He said he's been speaking to the attorney general, FBI director and members of Congress and will be making an additional statement Monday morning.

Trump pointed to a mental illness problem in the U.S., calling the shooters "really very seriously mentally ill."

He said the problem of shootings has been going on "for years and years" and "we have to get it stopped."

remember what he said before, about taking the guns now and due process later.

• Like 2

• Replies 113.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

Will this get covered in the media?

At least seven people were wounded by gunfire early Sunday in Chicago after someone opened fire near a playground on the city's west side.

The shooting happened around 1:20 a.m. in Douglas Park, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. Authorities said someone shot their weapon from inside a black Chevrolet Camaro on the street

Those injured ranged in age from 19 to 25.

Three women, ages 19, 22 and 25, were transported to the hospital, where their conditions were stabilized, the news outlet reported. One man, 20, was taken to the hospital and was in stable condition, while another man, 21, was taken to the hospital but was in critical condition.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.

Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

634496177_Screenshot_2019-08-05.png.785d130e9a4d6795636a5fbeb9477996.png

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ocrats_own_el_paso_.html#.XUgNWkER4Ns.twitter

"Ironically, it’s the Democrats who want white nationalism in the White House, not Trump and his conservative supporters. It’s high time they take responsibility for their dangerous and irresponsible rhetoric, before they embolden more hate groups to act out."

• Thanks 1

President Trump called Monday for reforms at the intersection of mental health and gun laws -- including so-called "red flag laws" to take guns from those deemed a public risk -- in the wake of back-to-back mass shootings over the weekend that left at least 31 people dead.

The president notably did not call for explicit changes to gun laws beyond red flag laws, despite tweeting earlier Monday morning about the possibility of linking background check legislation to immigration reform. However, he said he is open and ready to listen to ideas "that will actually work."

Among his list of proposals, Trump called for reforms to mental health laws "to better identify mentally disturbed individuals who may commit acts of violence," adding that we must "make sure those people not only get treatment but when necessary, involuntary confinement."

“Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger, not the gun," Trump said, going on to call for red-flag laws to allow the seizure of firearms from those judged to pose a grave risk to public safety.

Further, he called for policing the "dark recesses of the Internet" in a bid to catch mass murderers before they act.

"We must do a better job at identifying and acting on early warning signs," Trump said. "I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partnership with local, state, and federal agencies and social media companies to develop tools to identify mass shooters before they strike."

Trump on Monday touted his administration’s record on gun measures, noting that last year he ordered a ban on bump stocks and “all devices” that otherwise turn legal weapons into “illegal machine guns.”

A bump stock is an attachment that allows a semi-automatic rifle to achieve a fully automatic weapon’s “cyclic firing rate to mimic nearly continuous automatic fire,” according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF.) Semi-automatic rifles with bump stocks can fire hundreds of rounds per minute, according to experts.

Maga maga redflag laws

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

President Trump called Monday for reforms at the intersection of mental health and gun laws -- including so-called "red flag laws" to take guns from those deemed a public risk -- in the wake of back-to-back mass shootings over the weekend that left at least 31 people dead.

The president notably did not call for explicit changes to gun laws beyond red flag laws, despite tweeting earlier Monday morning about the possibility of linking background check legislation to immigration reform. However, he said he is open and ready to listen to ideas "that will actually work."

Among his list of proposals, Trump called for reforms to mental health laws "to better identify mentally disturbed individuals who may commit acts of violence," adding that we must "make sure those people not only get treatment but when necessary, involuntary confinement."

“Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger, not the gun," Trump said, going on to call for red-flag laws to allow the seizure of firearms from those judged to pose a grave risk to public safety.

Further, he called for policing the "dark recesses of the Internet" in a bid to catch mass murderers before they act.

"We must do a better job at identifying and acting on early warning signs," Trump said. "I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partnership with local, state, and federal agencies and social media companies to develop tools to identify mass shooters before they strike."

Trump on Monday touted his administration’s record on gun measures, noting that last year he ordered a ban on bump stocks and “all devices” that otherwise turn legal weapons into “illegal machine guns.”

A bump stock is an attachment that allows a semi-automatic rifle to achieve a fully automatic weapon’s “cyclic firing rate to mimic nearly continuous automatic fire,” according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF.) Semi-automatic rifles with bump stocks can fire hundreds of rounds per minute, according to experts.

Maga maga redflag laws

Bump Stocks are for people with more money than sense, and like to burn ammo and invite jams, and never had to qualify with one, or carry one for work.  Should it be infringed?  No.  Braces are for people who like pistol length carbines and hate the feeling of trying to fire 30 rounds and not be a body builder.  Now, they are deemed an NFA 200.00 stamp item.  So, you might as well buy one without a brace or stock, start up an NFA trust with all that hassle that involves, an attorney, getting your passport photo, and finger prints done, pay your fee, and wait forever anyway.  Oh, and feel free to live in your State forever as well.  All clear problems with "Shall not be infringed."  If the United States Government was as serious with all our other rights such as the 4th Amendment, we would be able to go to any hardware store and buy whatever turns you on, or have it mailed to your house.  There was a ruling that opening a Storm Door or Screen Door to knock on the primary door is an illegal entry without a warrant.  That is how far they have taken the 4th and its meaning.  I wish they wish they would just treat the 2A as written "shall not be infringed."  Serial killers don't stop because murder is illegal.  They are sociopaths by nature, and derive a twisted sense of sadism by doing what they do, one of the few emotions they have.

So, you aren't going to stop bad people from doing bad things.  Restricting others because of the behavior of other people is stupid.  I have yet to see any ban on alcohol even though that is largest killer of by people in vehicles to this day.  Yet, there is no Constitutional Right to drive.  You must be licensed and inspected by the State in which you reside,  You are required to have insurance, and a State License just to drive.  You are required upon request of the functional law enforcement to produce those upon request.  Yet, you don't see a desire to ban cars in which texting, or drunk drivers kill more people this month than were shot this month.  The difference is the first responders see all the gore and nasty stuff from wrecks, than the general public who has become blaze about it.

The news isn't giving two twigs about it except a 2 second blurb every day.  No one is mourning the family of four that drunky McGee just splattered all over the place, or plastering it all over the news?  Why, it doesn't sell in the media.  But, I guarantee you I paid a lot higher insurance in Northern NM, because DWI murder was so common place.  In fact, a lovely liberal State Judge expunged an entire evening of DWI arrests in the State because they stated it must be profiling as they arrested mostly Hispanics?  Have they lived their much.  That is pretty much 60 percent of the population.  Where is M.A.D.D., did they fall off the edge of the earth?

And Trump is gonna roll over, just like bump stocks, and give the Democraps their red flag laws and background checks.
Remember the NRA convention during the election? Suppressors off the NFA, national reciprocity, gun free zones.
All these Trumpers chanting “Art of the Deal baby, he’s playing the Dems, Art of the Deal”

I’m starting to realize that WE were the deal HE was selling. 
We were sold a bullshit bill of goods at least as good as Trump Vodka, Trump shirts, Trump watches, Trump steaks, and Trump University.

I understand the natural reaction to finding out you’re a dupe and useful idiot is to get defensive and try and justify your position.
He sold us, he is screwing us over, and many will shout MAGAMAGAMAG and blindly support anything ignoran tweet or stupid **** he says.

I’m done, no more supporting this Archie Bunker bullshit artist
(No I’m not voting democrap)

11 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

And Trump is gonna roll over, just like bump stocks, and give the Democraps their red flag laws and background checks.
Remember the NRA convention during the election? Suppressors off the NFA, national reciprocity, gun free zones.
All these Trumpers chanting “Art of the Deal baby, he’s playing the Dems, Art of the Deal”

I’m starting to realize that WE were the deal HE was selling. 
We were sold a bull**** bill of goods at least as good as Trump Vodka, Trump shirts, Trump watches, Trump steaks, and Trump University.

I understand the natural reaction to finding out you’re a dupe and useful idiot is to get defensive and try and justify your position.
He sold us, he is screwing us over, and many will shout MAGAMAGAMAG and blindly support anything ignoran tweet or stupid **** he says.

I’m done, no more supporting this Archie Bunker bull**** artist
(No I’m not voting democrap)

He will, he has, and will again.  We all know it.  I never voted for him or Hillary.  I was a Ben Carson fan until he was out of the race.  He was logical, not flustered, intelligent, and would have done a better job.  For that matter it would be better inverted and have Pence as POTUS and Trump as the VP.  I generally found Hillary to be evil and insane, and Trump to be like a bad version of Andrew Dice Clay doing stand up comedy.  I think we deserved better than those two after 8 years of Obama.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pipedreams said:

1484462929_Screenshot_2019-08-05.png.74081c68e8d856adb1a056001d479f43.png384243435_Screenshot_2019-08-05(1).png.7d49abd4cc9eba4c77ce222311d23769.png

Damn it, it is the cone heads who all hate the lower letter "t" again.  I guess that is why they only have Capital "T's" in their sign.  They only turn the lower letter, as that seems to bother them the most.  I just wished they would learn that others don't feel that way about the lower letter "t," and stop trying to convince others by presenting their flaming lower "t's" to others yards.  Stupid cone heads.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:04 AM, pipedreams said:

image.png.fa3327001beec0f916216594c4ebdcb2.png

Not to be a spelling or grammar Nazi, but before you make a meme, check both your spelling and word usage. People often confuse To, and Too, and Then and Than, and Their, There, and They're.  These are all common mistakes.  Here is the same meme with the correct word usage of Than, having to do with a comparison, and They're, which is a contraction of they are.

114dem-1a.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6b524670a4a177029428ca8d5e1e2cbf.png

The true and accurate quote by William Burroughs just in case the meme police a checking...........?

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Not to be a spelling or grammar Nazi, but before you make a meme, check both your spelling and word usage. People often confuse To, and Too, and Then and Than, and Their, There, and They're.  These are all common mistakes.  Here is the same meme with the correct word usage of Than, having to do with a comparison, and They're, which is a contraction of they are.

The creator of the meme could be someone who uses English as a second language, or possibly a recent U.S. high school graduate, although I could make a similar mistake if not careful.  ?

39 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

114dem-1a.jpg

And before you make a meme about Democrats in shallow graves.........don’t 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

06273139-91A0-4E62-9CA4-0E159B24BC24.thumb.jpeg.71e008deb0c05d9e415595a49068d9ef.jpeg

Yes, it must be video games-not.  How about a broken family with 5 kids living in Baltimore by five different dads, who are unavailable?  Or Chicago.  I would be more worried about wandering down those streets than random acts of violence by spree shooters.  I am more likely to be killed by a drunk driver, or killed for just being in certain neighborhoods in those cities, than a victim of a spree killer, or a wannabe serial killer.  In my former profession I was more likely be killed by an illegal with a firearm, than by a spree shooter.  Hate Crime laws are on the books, and rarely enforced equally.  Social Media cannot detect anything.  There are reasons these guys are using weird anonymous sites, that I never even heard of until this last week..  If no one is there on their hate sections, supremist, Muslim, whatever on some weird dark web whatever, how would they even know?  If they haven't looked directly into the dead eyes of a sociopath, how are they even going to have a clue what they are?  If they have no training is psychology, and frankly what used to be called deviant psychology they will be wrong pretty much most of the time.  It is actually quite difficult be "judged," mentally ill.  To be in that situation you would committed against your will for being a continued danger to the community.  Either a known sociopath, who probably already has some victims,  Or, you are the most dangerous person around, a schizophrenic.  Schizophrenics never get positive thoughts, like mop the floor, it is usually their neighbor has a demon in their head that must be cracked open.  

19 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

And before you make a meme about Democrats in shallow graves.........don’t 

I tend to agree. And I just noticed that in my Meme demonstrating the importance of proper grammar and spelling, I spelled the word "Politics" wrong.o.O

• Haha 2