• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Let us consider the tactical situation that the police officers faced before we listen to the Monday-morning couch warriors.

I am not a tactical execution expert, but I can think.

There is a goblin barricaded in an elementary school classroom.

If this room is like most others in schools, it has one entry door and windows opposite the doorway which leads to a corridor.

Walls are non-load bearing painted drywall.

The room is crowded with desks, so no quick, easy path to the goblin.

If the goblin is behind cover on the far side of the room, under the windows, the only way to get to the goblin is through the door.

They call doors and staircases vertical coffins for a reason.

How do you neutralize the goblin?

A classic battlefield tactic would be for one or more officers to give covering fire to keep the goblin's head down while the other officers enter and shoot the bastard.

But, depending on the goblin's cover, is it substantial enough to resist pistol fire,  and the fact that he has a rifle and the officers have pistols, unless this technique is executed perfectly, the probably goblin survives, the officers likely don't.

Rifle bullets easily penetrate dry wall, so even staging for such an entry is perilous.

This all assumes that the goblin was considerate enough to leave the classroom door open, he didn't close and lock it.

Rushing headlong into the goblin's field of fire, after staging behind thin partitions and then breaching a locked door would be almost suicidal without appropriate body armor or shields.

I don't know why the police didn't attack via the windows.  I wasn't there.  I trust they know what they're doing and would have done it if possible.

I grieve along with the families and resident of Uvalde, but getting their cops killed when it is likely that the children were already dead is not the answer.

I feel even worse for the law enforcement personnel that knew that children's lives were at risk and regardless of how courageous or willing to sacrifice, that they could not stop the monster amongst the innocent.

That has to hurt.

Damn the goblin, not the heroes.

The only obvious solution is, of course, to seize by force the firearms of everyone that didn't do it. :upeyes:

• Like 3

What about reinforced lockers that swing, blocking movement, effectively containing the goblin, preventing their movement. They can be set up to move into place automatically or manually. First shot, the lockers swing into place. Students can escape through classroom windows.

• Like 1

I am loathe to see schools  specially elementary schools, turned into fortresses.

I suppose that I hearken back to my own childhood when the most hazardous thing in the school was falling off the all-metal monkey bars or being flung off of the merry-go-round.

I broke my wrist when I was ten by falling whilst playing basketball.

I suppose that in this day and age it will be necessary to encapsulate children in what will be more like a prison than a school and that saddens me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1