Chick-fil-A sucks!

limeylad

22 minutes ago, Cubdriver said:

You ate that in a single visit?  If so, no wonder you felt like crap!  That's about 2000 calories and 92g of fat!  Yike!

-Pat

McDs calc.JPG

I used to eat an entire baking sheet of my self made pizza in one session. A friend who is into lifting also counted the calories when he was watching me stuffing my face. 6,000 calories. Not counting the liter of coke I used to flush it down with. And no, I'm not fat, just a high metabolism. 

The cheese alone is (in 2 layers) 3 pounds of gouda.

I stopped doing this crap (and smoking, and drinking, and eating processed food, and sodas / refined sugars, and empty calories) when my body told me that it will get rid of me if I'm not changing my path.

Img_4590.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

Edited by crockett

5 minutes ago, Cubdriver said:

Holy crap!  You must have had a metabolism that would put a shrew to shame!  That pizza looks amazing, and would probably last me a week!

-Pat

I miss that pizza, used to make it about once a week. There was nothing better than going out at night with my buddies, plenty of Jack & Coke throughout the night, going back home, making that pizza at 5 AM, eating it at 7 AM and going straight to bed. So yes, I know a bit about GERD and reflux. Was very lucky to reverse those issues.

These days I'm living on distilled water, green tea, plenty of veggies / salads, fish, a steak a week, eggs and that's about it. Removing all grains out of my diet removed a bunch of other issues I was dealing with (and ignoring for some 15 years), including being prediabetic. I'm back to 90% symptom free days. That is true freedom and worth the major lifestyle change I went through.

But damn do I want a Jack & Coke right now!

jack_coke_big.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, limeylad said:

Seems like there are plenty of fans for this floppy, flavorless piece of meat, on a soggy bun, and pickle (who puts a nasty pickle on chicken?) stuffed into a foil bag, stored in a holding oven, abomination. 

Give me a McSpicy with my unknown chicken parts patty with enough capsaicin spice to shut down an Antifa rally for a $buck$.

maxresdefault.jpg.0f69706507c552657f563d5de4cd2d9a.jpg

Go home to your bangers and mashers :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, limeylad said:

A sandwich should be able to taste good without sauce.

And they do taste good, when made at home instead of relying on some kid working part time to do, God knows what to your order before passing it through the drive through window.

No fast for for me thank you very much!

Chic-Fil-A

A model of how a business should be run. Outstanding Customer Service, no debt, good eat - if you don't like chicken, feel free to wander around until you find your beef - Sam Truett Cathy was a Christian and as so, he permeated HIS business with his beliefs. And that's awesome! (At least in the West). And last, but not least, CFA is a pain in the A$$ for libs!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jmohme said:

And they do taste good, when made at home instead of relying on some kid working part time to do, God knows what to your order before passing it through the drive through window.

No fast for for me thank you very much!

I expect CFA has a little higher employee hiring standard than the run of the mill fast food joints.  The employees that I have interacted with at CFA are head and shoulders above a typical Mac’s or others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

I expect CFA has a little higher employee hiring standard than the run of the mill fast food joints.  The employees that I have interacted with at CFA are head and shoulders above a typical Mac’s or others.

That could be, but I've never been to one, so can not say for sure.

I did however work for a trucking company that delivered to McDonalds and saw first hand the kind of idiots that worked at some of those places.

• Like 1

Just now, jmohme said:

That could be, but I've never been to one, so can not say for sure.

I did however work for a trucking company that delivered to McDonalds and saw first hand the kind of idiots that worked at some of those places.

Well, McDonald's Idiots are somewhat different - and so are Martin Brower's.

29 minutes ago, OldDad said:

Chick fil A has been so crowded since the boycott it's often hard to find a table. The drive-thru line Is usually very long (two lanes.)

I've seen their parking lot 100% full and the line for the drive through spill out into the street blocking traffic.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 5:54 PM, BamaBud said:

Nobody EVER said Brits know good food.

British Cuisine is a game of "bet you won't eat that" taken way too far.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:39 PM, Silentpoet said:

A phrase nobody has ever uttered, British cuisine.

Oh they have.......but usually before words like "tastes like ****." :anim_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I've seen their parking lot 100% full and the line for the drive through spill out into the street blocking traffic.

One of the local ones here has a drive-through line that wraps around the building TWICE, to try to prevent that.  

• Like 1