Aircraft Pic & Vid Thread

Eric

5 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Nope.  I'm not gonna research it for ya, but it's true.  The picture is 1984.  BUT!!!  ANYTHING can be Photoshop, right!!!:anim_lol:

Hmm.  The aircraft is in landing configuration and would likely be on the far side of the overpass.  It looks to be around midday, but there is no matching shadow like there is of the overpass.  The aiplane also appears to be cutout and at a different resolution.  But, it is the interwebz.

41 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Hmm.  The aircraft is in landing configuration and would likely be on the far side of the overpass.  It looks to be around midday, but there is no matching shadow like there is of the overpass.  The aiplane also appears to be cutout and at a different resolution.  But, it is the interwebz.

I'm pretty sure that was part of a "Plan", with Germany and America in case of an actual armed "conflict" in defense of europe.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I'm pretty sure that was part of a "Plan", with Germany and America in case of an actual armed "conflict" in defense of europe.

Autobahn - at least part of it - predated WWII. Ike was inspired to want a similar highway network by a pre-WWII visit to Germany plus his memories of repositioning troops and equipment in the States where railroads and highways were at country road capacity and speed levels.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

That was exactly my question!  Possibly another U-2.  That was the plane that CIA Pilot,  Gary Powers was in when He got shot down over Russia in 1960.

That specific one or that type?

The SR-71 was intended to be immune from being shot down and apparently was. Satellite spy coverage mostly retired the SR-71, but I think NASA has one or two it still uses.

Understand that the U-2 still is used with some regularity.