Tearjerker Movies- I promise you won't loose your man card

XSIV4S

Well, if there is a governing body for man cards, we will not turn you in. I typically like action, comedy and sci fi, but my favorite movie of this type is Return To Me. David Duchovny is a contractor and his wife dies in a car wreck. It's pretty much the story of the year that follows. Besides being a pretty decent movie, the old guys at the restaurant are great.

Secondhand Lions is my go-to for a non-action movie that I really, really like.

*to the man who tried to beat up Walter, who was a kid and was seriously bandaged up* "You're lucky the lion got to you before we did."

Hub is one of my movie heros.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

Secondhand Lions is my go-to for a non-action movie that I really, really like.

*to the man who tried to beat up Walter, who was a kid and was seriously bandaged up* "You're lucky the lion got to you before we did."

Hub is one of my movie heros.

That movie is definitely on my top ten list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XSIV4S said:

That movie is definitely on my top ten list.

My only complaint is that we never heard Hub's entire "What every boy needs to know about being a man" speech.  

I don't know who wrote the part we did hear, but it was fantastic:

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

My only complaint is that we never heard Hub's entire "What every boy needs to know about being a man" speech.  

I don't know who wrote the part we did hear, but it was fantastic:

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.

Yeah, I wonder if the book covered it better?