Dramatic Pictures

Eric

The inscription reads:

"Sacred to the memory of 57 American Soldiers who were buried at Sch'dy during the Revolution - their remains were disinterred Nov 1854 and reinterred with Military Honors in August 1859 - they were again removed and placed beneath this stone"

image.thumb.jpeg.24f8408ac0fbc1b782627f6cbead7c34.jpeg

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I went to visit my mom last week and she was watching "Test Pilot", in which Spencer Tracy and Clark Gable crashed one of these.

Last night I watched a movie by Tracy and Hepburn, where he was working to develop a "valve" to regulate Oxygen for "high altitude" flights.  Was fascinating to see the premise, many years after the fact.  Final testing was in a centrifuge where Tracy was experiencing 58,000 feet altitude, I'm sure it was spell binding in it's day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Last night I watched a movie by Tracy and Hepburn, where he was working to develop a "valve" to regulate Oxygen for "high altitude" flights.  Was fascinating to see the premise, many years after the fact.  Final testing was in a centrifuge where Tracy was experiencing 58,000 feet altitude, I'm sure it was spell binding in it's day.

I think I remember that one. had Lucille Ball in it?

Mom said she was about ten when she first saw "Test Pilot". I asked he if she knew what kind of plane it was and she said "That's a B-17" like everybody should know. She was a Depression Kid...

• Thanks 1

• Eric featured this topic