Random Posting

Eric

• Administrators

Guys, I do not want political stuff in this thread, nor do I want COVID stuff.  I don't want memes posted in this thread. I think I've made these wishes pretty clear. I don't believe that most people want to indulge in political discussions, or COVID discussions or wade through memes on this site. For those that do, there are areas set aside for such content. Please use them. Please.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Eric said:

Guys, I do not want political stuff in this thread, nor do I want COVID stuff.  I don't want memes posted in this thread. I think I've made these wishes pretty clear. I don't think that most people want to indulge in political discussions, or COVID discussions or wade through memes on this site. For those that do, there are areas set aside for such content. Please use them. Please.

I apologize for my part in infringing on the rule.

• Administrators

I don't want to beat people up with a bunch of rules. I've tried hard to avoid that here. Someone has to steer the site's course though and I know what happens when that course isn't kept. I've said before that the key is balance. Too much of anything is a bad thing. Too many political posts, or covid posts, or memes will choke out other content, if those types of posts are allowed to run amok. I believe that is already happening here and I want to stop it from getting worse.

For what it's worth, I don't mean 'running amok' in the Malay mythological sense, but I like their spirit animals. :biggrin:

According to Malay mythology, running amok was an involuntary behavior caused by the “hantu belian,” or evil tiger spirit entering a person's body and compelling him or her to behave violently without conscious awareness.

• Haha 2

• Administrators

Guys, this is not a meme thread. It isn’t a COVID thread or a politics thread or a coffee thread. I started this thread to be a place for a wide variety of weird, unusual stuff of all kinds to be posted, with the intention of those things sparking conversation, conversation being the goal and the point of a site like this. Share an OCCASIONAL meme or something if it is directly in response to something being discussed, but otherwise, please post them somewhere else. 

Any and all of you are free to start threads to talk about or post whatever you like (within reason). You are free to participate in other people’s threads, if you want to discuss that thread’s topic. It isn’t right though to co-opt someone else’s thread for your purposes. This was a fun thread, before all the memes and stuff crept in and strangled every other type of content. I want it to be that way again. If you want to know what it used to be like, go back and browse through the thread, from the start. Sure, there were pics and videos and even (gasp) memes posted then, but there was some balance and people actually discussed things. Too much of anything is never a good thing.

If you like posting memes, post them in a thread already set aside for them or start your own. Same with Covid or politics or anything else. This is not an unreasonable request and I would like it followed. Thanks. 

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Administrators

I’ve changed the name of the Major General Memes thread to BookFace. I wanted the title to be more inclusive. It isn’t just a place for memes. It is the place for all the copypasta joke pictures, memes and other ephemeral esoterica that needs a new home. So, all the joke pics, memes, coffee posts, etc that were posted here now have a new home. I’m really trying to accommodate everyone here, guys. Please give it a chance.

I do still want all the political & Covid content going to the designated threads/forums, or to new threads. Please do not drag those equine carcasses over to the BookFace thread.

Here is the new content of the first post of the BookFace thread:

On 4/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, Eric said:

This is a thread for all the superfluous, irrelevant, sometimes irreverent crap that gets posted to social media sites like FaceBook, Instagram, etc. Post your memes, your joke pics and all the other fly-by content that has been chased out of the other, more respectable threads here. If no one else wants your posts, we’ll we don’t want them either, but where else are you going to post them? Post away, you social misfits. 

• Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic