Random Posting

Eric

10 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Today was fun.

8 hours spent fixing the well pump and redoing some of the piping in the well house.

Had a spare pump on hand.  Installed it.  Nothing happened.

Pulled it back up, checked the wires, one didn't have continuity.

Found the break about 6 feet up from the pump.

Ended up having to make a trip into town (second one, first was for some pipe and fittings as I broke some of what was there)

Fortunately the local hardware store had a new spool of well pump wire.  Bad news is they had no submersion rated electrical connectors to go with it.

Bulk hardware section had some heavy duty heat shrink, did a double layer of it over a butt splice and filled with NOALOX grease.

Water is back on, all the womenfolk are happy (well feeds 4 houses and 60-80 cows) and I'll be able to shower.

Wiring to the pump was older than me which is why I decided it was better to just replace rather than patch it.  At a buck a foot it was a lot cheaper than I expected it to be.

Oh, and to clarify, I was being sarcastic when I said today was fun.  At least it only rained half of the time.

That's un real.  My buddy just had to do about the same thing to his well!  He had to call in a well guy though.  He didn't have the expertise or rigging to pull the pump up from 3 0ft.

Edited by Swampfox762
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

Ain't it the truth!

I wasn't entirely successful.  My wife is a Ham, my son is a Ham, I am a Ham, my youngest daughter never could overcome her fright of the test.

That is still a good start at it it!  They dropped Morse code...she can pass the first test easy.

The Advanced test is a tough nut to crack.

• Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic