Random Posting

Eric

20 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Words come into favor, get popular, are over used and worn out and eventually almost discarded.

Remember “tactical”? On the downhill slope, being replaced by “elite”.

What came before tactical? What will follow elite?

Couple more...

“Certified” as in certified used car. So if it wasn’t certified as used I might think it was new?

“Curated” meaning selected. 

• Thanks 1

Smart elder lady at the bank

The elder lady handed her bank card to a bank teller and said, “I would like to withdraw $200.

The female teller told her, “For withdrawals less than $1,000, please use the ATM.”

The elder lady then asked, “Why?”

The teller irritably told her, “These are the rules. Please leave if there is no other matter. There is a queue behind you.” She then returned the card to the elder lady.

The elder lady remained silent … but then she returned the card to the teller and said, “Please help me withdraw all the money I have.”

The teller was astonished when she checked the account balance. She nodded her head, leaned down and said to the elder lady,

“My apologies Granny, you have over $1 million in your accounts and our bank does not have so much cash currently. Could you make an appointment and come again tomorrow?

The elder lady then asked, “How much am I able to withdraw now?

The teller told her, “$20,000.”

The elder lady then told the teller that she wanted to withdraw $20,000 from her account. The teller did so as quickly as she could and handed it to the elder lady respectfully.

The elder lady put $200 in her bag and asked the teller to deposit the balance of $19,800 back into her account.

Don't be difficult with old people ... they can outwit the young

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic