Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

So here's an interesting one.

The original Viper GTS-R, that was loaned out to the various car magazines for testing decades ago. Then scheduled to be destroyed;

I see this car at my Sunday morning Cars & Coffee most weekends. It's owner is very proud of it, has all the paper-work. It's autographed on the dash by the original head of the Viper team, and I think Carrol Shelby IIRC. He's a member of some Uber Viper aficionados, they have conference calls with the original Viper team head guy occasionally.

And the dumbass still has the original 21 year old tires on it. Which I bitch him out for every time I see him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

So here's an interesting one.

The original Viper GTS-R, that was loaned out to the various car magazines for testing decades ago. Then scheduled to be destroyed;

I see this car at my Sunday morning Cars & Coffee most weekends. It's owner is very proud of it, has all the paper-work. It's autographed on the dash by the original head of the Viper team, and I think Carrol Shelby IIRC. He's a member of some Uber Viper aficionados, they have conference calls with the original Viper team head guy occasionally.

And the dumbass still has the original 21 year old tires on it. Which I bitch him out for every time I see him.

That's really Cool.  My BIL's kid has one.  It's one of the early ones, might even be the first year they were made, SR-1.  Just for the hell of it, I'll ask the BIL next time I talk to him, just so I'll know in the future.  He bought it used, from a dude in Florida and had it container shipped to Michigan YEARS ago.  Still has it, but hardly ever drives it. He's 52 now and he's not the macho dude he was when he bought it.:greensupergrin:

• Haha 1