Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Jade Falcon said:

What is this?  I really like it!  I see it's a Ford....is it a new Thunderbird or Mustang concept or something?  New Taurus, perhaps?

I believe it is the Ford Evos concept car, made in 2011

• Thanks 1

The 1976 AMC 304 V8 put out a whopping 120 hp. The 1977 iteration put out even more at 121 hp. I can confirm these ratings since I had a 1976 CJ-5 that found the mandated 55 MPH speed on California freeways a challenge. 

The 401 V8 put out 215 hp in 1976 and the 1977 version dropped to 195 hp. "Hi Po" was a very relative term. 

20 minutes ago, blueiron said:

The 1976 AMC 304 V8 put out a whopping 120 hp. The 1977 iteration put out even more at 121 hp. I can confirm these ratings since I had a 1976 CJ-5 that found the mandated 55 MPH speed on California freeways a challenge. 

The 401 V8 put out 215 hp in 1976 and the 1977 version dropped to 195 hp. "Hi Po" was a very relative term. 

When I speak of High performance I'm not talking about a 70's smog motor. I'm thinking more along the lines of how much horsepower it's possible to get out of 401 cubic inches with some improvements in porting, carburation, ignition advance, camshaft profile and possibly even high compression.  With turbocharging the power output could easily be more than 1 1/2 hp per cubic inch of displacement.

amc amx1b.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

Cool blue Vega panel delivery in the background too. tom. ;)

Yeah, that's actually why I posted the pic. I like it more than the Vette. I wondered if anyone would pick up on that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yeah, that's actually why I posted the pic. I like it more than the Vette. I wondered if anyone would pick up on that.

Here's a link to Yenko Chevrolet's stinger series. I lusted for a SW they made and saw it for sale used on Rte. 51 South in Pittsburgh in the late '70's. Canonsburg is about twelve miles from my house. tom.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2017/08/03/yenko-stinger

image.png.19c91855b26f75d3e720de1c5621f3c3.png

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, deputy tom said:

Here's a link to Yenko Chevrolet's stinger series. I lusted for a SW they made and saw it for sale used on Rte. 51 South in Pittsburgh in the late '70's. Canonsburg is about twelve miles from my house. tom.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2017/08/03/yenko-stinger

image.png.19c91855b26f75d3e720de1c5621f3c3.png

I am a big fan of sport wagons. I wish they were more popular.

• Like 1