"Open the pod bay doors, HAL!!!"

gwalchmai

While I would love to see all the drunk drivers off the road so no one else has to have their skull reconstructed like I did, I am NOT happy about doing it this way.  This is power-mad overreach.  Instead of this, I would prefer anyone caught driving drunk have their license immediately suspended for 10 years if they are under 25, and if they are over 25 with supposedly mature brains, they should have their licensed permanently revoked (because if they make stupid decisions like that with a mature brain, they have no real excuse).  And anyone who injures another person while driving drunk should have their license permanently revoked regardless of age, and have to pay ALL the medical bills of the injured party relating to the accident, forever.  And anyone who kills another person while driving drunk should just be hanged and their estate have to pay for the funeral costs of the murdered person.  And this is me on a forgiving day.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

While I would love to see all the drunk drivers off the road so no one else has to have their skull reconstructed like I did, I am NOT happy about doing it this way.  This is power-mad overreach.  Instead of this, I would prefer anyone caught driving drunk have their license immediately suspended for 10 years if they are under 25, and if they are over 25 with supposedly mature brains, they should have their licensed permanently revoked (because if they make stupid decisions like that with a mature brain, they have no real excuse).  And anyone who injures another person while driving drunk should have their license permanently revoked regardless of age, and have to pay ALL the medical bills of the injured party relating to the accident, forever.  And anyone who kills another person while driving drunk should just be hanged and their estate have to pay for the funeral costs of the murdered person.  ******And this is me on a forgiving day.

****** Do NOT get Mrs Cicero either pissed off or an a Bad day :couch:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Unless the besot driver has to insert their driver's license like an credit card at an ATM to start the automobile, suspensions or revocations serve little purpose and I suggest no deterrent.

I further suggest escalating jail or prison time and huge fines for any and every offense.

Ask anyone that has had family members killed by a drunk driver if they would rather their loved one was still alive or that the evil criminal was a guest of the state for a few years and couldn't afford a new car for those few years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tous said:

Unless the besot driver has to insert their driver's license like an credit card at an ATM to start the automobile, suspensions or revocations serve little purpose and I suggest no deterrent.

I further suggest escalating jail or prison time and huge fines for any and every offense.

Ask anyone that has had family members killed by a drunk driver if they would rather their loved one was still alive or that the evil criminal was a guest of the state for a few years and couldn't afford a new car for those few years.

Far too many repeat DUI's  

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, tous said:

Like Europeans.

11 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

"Sorry, Dave. Now youse can't drive."

How will the kill switch know the difference between Illness and Drunkenness?  Even some illnesses emulate drunkenness and law enforcement can sometimes spot the difference.

• Like 2