Things You Have To Buy Over and Over

Eric

15 hours ago, jmohme said:

And whoever the dick head was that came up with this one needs his ass kicked.image.thumb.jpeg.a8904a347762eec3c8689c66c376fa9c.jpeg

Ah yes.  The old Western Digital proprietary cable.  At this point, why isn't everything USB-C?

1 hour ago, minderasr said:

Ah yes.  The old Western Digital proprietary cable.  At this point, why isn't everything USB-C?

Exactly!

And in addition, why do most USB cables have USB A on one end and USB ....Unknown-2.jpeg.69d8cd984f517adaa1df283a29c6279c.jpeg...WTF on the other?

USB C seems to be changing that, and it only took how many years?

• Like 2

On 3/6/2024 at 1:49 PM, Eric said:

What are some things that you have to buy over and over, because you can never find them when you need them a second time?

One item that comes to mind for me (Because I just had to buy it again) are rolls of teflon thread tape. I just had to replace a sink faucet and ended up having to replace the cold water shutoff valve when it started leaking, the second my fingertips brushed the knob. I went to gather the tools I needed, including the roll of teflon tape I bought not two months ago, and the freaking tape was nowhere to be found. I always keep such things in the same place. I have no idea how it could have gotten away from me. So, I bought another roll of the stuff.

I have probably bought twenty rolls of teflon tape in the last decade and as far as I can remember, I've never gotten to use any of them twice. How is that possible? Anyway, I placed the roll I just purchased and used (Yeah! No leaks.) in the same place I am morally certain I placed the last roll and the one before that. I wonder if it would still be there if I went and checked right now? I am not going to, of course. I'm not stupid. What would the teflon tape tommyknockers do if I caught them in the act of absconding with my new roll of tape? Some doors (and drawers) are best left unopened. 

Tape measures and ball point pens

• Like 3