The absurdity of my role.

El Spicoli

So as I was fighting traffic to go to 2 places to pick up vegan cupcakes and another place for a cake, it occurred to me I get paid more to do this than my PT gig of following semis to protect cargo.

Board is in town so I am scheduled to drive the last 2 nights to dinner meeting but they all either walked or took the secondary SUV the assistant booked?  Eating dinner on company dime and waiting for their dinner to end to maybe take them back to hotel.

It is a good job if you can get it.  Retiring from LE has been pretty good to me.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, tous said:

Is there chili involved?

Not yet, but beans would be in it.  I did buy about 3K worth of booze and put it in my SUV.  I drive the execs cars to take into maintenance.  I drop off dry cleaning.  I pick up meds at the pharmacy.  I'm kinda like a concierge with a gun.  

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Just go to a LE bachelor party. 

I was on a project in NYC one time, making bangin money and perdiem, lodging, company truck with a blanket parking exemption, whole 9 yards.  My helper was from there and he was all about the thug life and he's mouthin off about it.  We're at this one guy's house, and this guy didn't say anything but exchanging the pleasantries and all, so my helper's going on about being a gangsta and hating cops and all, I pull him aside by the truck and I'm like, lay off it for 5 minutes, I think this dude's a cop so just relax.  We get all done, dude comes out on his porch, waves me over, he goes hey man, I know you ain't from around here but if you want some ***** or something my buddy is retired too and he runs this bar over here and whatever you want he's got it.  He goes you call this number tell him you know so and so.  I thanked him for his hospitality but I didn't take up the offer.  Probably would've been fun but I was good where I was at, and I just remember sitting there thinking, no way he heard me have that conversation, but I didn't do anything else special to get that.

• Like 2