A new type of smartphone that could replace Android

TBO

7 minutes ago, El Spicoli said:

What do you suggest?

No OS is my suggestion.  If you want privacy, dump the smart phones, but phones are only one of the ways that people have surrendered their privacy.

For me, I don't give a **** about privacy. It has not existed in many years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmohme said:

No OS is my suggestion.  If you want privacy, dump the smart phones, but phones are only one of the ways that people have surrendered their privacy.

For me, I don't give a **** about privacy. It has not existed in many years.

I think the whole point of the post was that you can have a smart phone AND gain more privacy.
Privacy went the way of Constitutional Rights...

• Like 3

The Google Play Store isn’t installed by default on Apostrophy OS, but you can easily install it in a matter of minutes. Cistulli walked me through the process himself, and it’s literally just a matter of entering your Google account information and accepting some privacy terms.

And just like that, you give up your privacy.  A better option would be to install Aurora Store, which gives you anonymous access to all apps in the Google Play Store.

Lots of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), privacy minded apps available to replace the metadata hungry apps like Gmail, Youtube, Whatsapp, etc., if you know where to look.

Otherwise this seems ideal for privacy focused individuals!  Looking forward to seeing how things turn out for this phone.  Let the initial buyers work out the bugs/growing pains.  By version 2.0 I may be ready to replace my current phone.

• Like 1