Motorola Cell Phone

LostinTexas

Anyone use them? Been using Samsung since there was a Samsung, I guess, but just don't find anything that interests me. They are fine, but pricing out of my comfort zone for a phone, and that is the primary use, not a portable computing machine. I'll stick to my 17 inch screen.

All seem to be heavily loaded with bloat, and most of it non removable without going to extremes that could brick it, so it stays and eats storage and RAM.

Do Motorola's have much bloat? How do they hold up? I know things improve to the point, it is outdated by the time you leave the store, but looking for something to last 5+ years. All unlocked, and I have storage requirements already considered.

Thanks

• Like 1

pretty much any phone these days is bloated.

If it doesn't come from the manufacturer, it will be from the carrier it's purchased through.

I will say the phone I have had surprisingly little bloatware on it, but it's a niche market phone and at this point it's pretty out of date compared to the current lineup (pre 5G) but works just fine for what I need it for, which is to use as a phone.

Sonim XP-8

3 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

pretty much any phone these days is bloated.

If it doesn't come from the manufacturer, it will be from the carrier it's purchased through.

I will say the phone I have had surprisingly little bloatware on it, but it's a niche market phone and at this point it's pretty out of date compared to the current lineup (pre 5G) but works just fine for what I need it for, which is to use as a phone.

Sonim XP-8

I have to get something that works with Verison and despite their commercials, they are a solid #3 in a 3 carrier market. Unfortunately AT&T has too many holes in coverage in my area, but when it works, it is great, and T-Mobile won't even sell me service for my address.

Just doing some research, since I tend to overthink. The last two phones we bought, unlocked, had over half the storage and RAM dedicated to stuff I don't use or want, and it is not removable, and a lot of it is background apps that you never see anyway. Some are necessary evils to make the thing work right, but may aren't.