Insanity in the courts.

Batesmotel

Hoarding situation. Short version of long story. I’m only involved as a friend-realtor advising on the future of the house.

Mom and dad were hoarders. Got bad when the three kids moved out. #1 son moved back and used the hoard situation to hide his criminal activity. Sister and boyfriend moved in and added to the hoard and criminal activity.

Mom and dad died. #1 son, sister and boyfriend abandoned the house and are on the run. Wanted by cops.

#2 son takes over the mortgage and is awarded the house with the promise to clean up the hoard and fix the house.

#2 son started to clean and was immediately hit with a court order to stop until the cops can come look for evidence of criminal activity and stolen property.

Cops don’t care. This is being pushed by someone in the county courts. They want to close some old cases.

Cops won’t investigate anything with the mess in the house. They really don’t care about old, non-homicide cases.

County court won’t let him clean.

City code enforcement will fine him if he doesn’t clean.

No one in the city or county will communicate with each other.

#2 son had to hire an attorney yesterday just to make everyone sit down and talk it out. At least one cop is 100% on his side so far. No one is really being malicious. Just a big interagency pissing match of non communication.

Insanity funded by our taxes. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Any sort of situation like this is usually a clusterf#$&. Best wished for #2 son. Sounds like his hands are not only full, but tied. Methinks I'd be looking for somoni's job if fines came down after courts wouldn't allow cleanup. That one it the big headscratcher.

Best Wishes.

• Like 3

His lawyer know all these people by name. He wants everyone on the same page by the end of the week. But what a joke.

The good news is I saw no evidence of meth cooking. There is usually a vent system to evacuate the fumes. No sign of one. Still no idea exactly what they are looking for. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

His lawyer know all these people by name. He wants everyone on the same page by the end of the week. But what a joke.

The good news is I saw no evidence of meth cooking. There is usually a vent system to evacuate the fumes. No sign of one. Still no idea exactly what they are looking for. 

They probably don't even know what they are looking for. Just looking to see what they can find, make into something, or make up. 

You said the PD isn't even interested. Probably someone in the DA's office looking to make a name for themselves.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LostinTexas said:

They probably don't even know what they are looking for. Just looking to see what they can find, make into something, or make up. 

You said the PD isn't even interested. Probably someone in the DA's office looking to make a name for themselves.

Apparently a DA has a bug up his butt about an old case. Still no idea what he wants to find. PD is not interested. No manpower to work a non capital case just to appease a DA.

Looks like he can finish the clean out this weekend. Best news is the meth test he bought online came back negative. I hate meth houses. 

• Like 2

Update!

The guy putting up a fuss is looking for a “Little Black Book”. Apparently the brother and sister were small time but back in the glory days of the cocaine trade, daddy knew everyone and is supposed to have a list.

A 40 year old list of names, numbers, addresses etc. Land lines, like from the 80s.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’ve been chatting with other realtors about hoarding. Apparently it has really gotten bad the last couple of years. People really got comfortable with shopping online. You can even do online yard and estate sales. View other peoples crap, place an order, pay online and then just drive over and pick up a box of crap all ready for you. 

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

Update!

The guy putting up a fuss is looking for a “Little Black Book”. Apparently the brother and sister were small time but back in the glory days of the cocaine trade, daddy knew everyone and is supposed to have a list.

A 40 year old list of names, numbers, addresses etc. Land lines, like from the 80s.

Funny how all the posturing and cloak and dagger crap and all they had to do was ask for it if found. Chances of getting hands on, if it is there, are much better that way, but that isn't how the wanna be's want to handle things. Takes away from their headlines. You know "look what I did".

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Funny how all the posturing and cloak and dagger crap and all they had to do was ask for it if found. Chances of getting hands on, if it is there, are much better that way, but that isn't how the wanna be's want to handle things. Takes away from their headlines. You know "look what I did".

Yep   Face on TV ....

7 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

How much is the fire insurance?

We had that problem in our neighborhood. You can Google, Ida Lane Horde Fire.

Mom hordes the house and died. Kids come over and start throwing everything into the front yard. Can’t get a truck to haul it away so they start a fire then the fire followed the trail of trash back into the house. When the living room went up they just walked away. 

On 6/28/2022 at 2:36 PM, Batesmotel said:

Update!

I can tell you from first hand experience they don't care about old cases. They know a name that is likely in the black book and it will be the name of an elected official or high level bureaucrat that they want protected for some reason.

Might be mittens, or a judge, or the governor, anyway the old case is a total fabricated cover and it looks as weak and stupid as it is. But somebody is afraid of it and hopes it won't be found, in case it turns up they want it first.

• Like 1