My shoulder is going to hate me.

Batesmotel

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 1:46 PM, Batesmotel said:

I just scored 140 rounds of new brass. Powders are tough to find. Any favorites for 416 Rigby? I’ve only used 4831 but I’m open to others. Thanks. 

C3DFB436-7630-435D-B96A-D4554E7FAF44.jpeg

I don't know anything about this caliber. I'd go with whatever rife powder you have and find load data online and / or in books. Do you have any powder at hand?

6 hours ago, Historian said:

So...I take it...you are going to Africa?

I was. We were planning a trip there. First half hunting. Second photography. Got hurt bad and that delayed things. Never made the safari. The 416 Rigby and 375 H&H are just for fun now. We were going to take a 300 Win and a 12 gage also. They promised a lot of birds in the area. Great eating. 

The 416 is fun if I can find real old bowling balls. The ones with the cork interior and resin exterior. Put them in the deep freezer for a week then hit them with a 400 grain solid. They explode. 

37 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I was. We were planning a trip there. First half hunting. Second photography. Got hurt bad and that delayed things. Never made the safari. The 416 Rigby and 375 H&H are just for fun now. We were going to take a 300 Win and a 12 gage also. They promised a lot of birds in the area. Great eating. 

The 416 is fun if I can find real old bowling balls. The ones with the cork interior and resin exterior. Put them in the deep freezer for a week then hit them with a 400 grain solid. They explode. 

Sorry you didn't make it.   That is a trip of a life-time.  I have a friend who did it.

The numbers .416, 375 and .460 are the number of legends.

And..they exploded.  :)

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.