How regularly do you shoot?

crockett

How regularly do you shoot these days?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Shooting related posts are kinda rare on TBS, so I was wondering if you guys still go to the range, hunt, do matches, on a regular basis.

• I haven't been out shooting in over a year.
    • I haven't been out shooting in 2021.
    • I get to shoot a few times a year.
    • I get to shoot at least once a month.
    • I get to shoot every week, in average.
    • I get to shoot several times a week, in average.

Thanks to ammo being scarce, I haven't shot centerfire all year.

I do get to shoot air rifles several times a week. Trigger time is trigger time, and I can find pellets, for now.

The Wahoo Flu didn't effect my shooting, other than the panic driven ammo and component shortage.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, Maser said:

Well, thanks to the fact I have airguns and a crossbow I can shoot everyday in my backyard. 

Thanks!!  Forgot that!!!  In that case....I shoot bout once a week, with my Airsoft .45!:biggrin:   Seriously.  It is "gun in hand, and sight look" practice. With a realistic blow back actual weight gun.

On 6/25/2021 at 8:31 PM, Sparks said:

I shoot my airgun in my garage.  I stuffed a cardboard box full of old towels and put it in front a wooden crate.  I tape targets on the cardboard and have at it.

Not only do my neighbors not care, but they come over and we sip bourbon and shoot in my garage quite often.

Don't forget your eye protection!

:)

Go to the thrift store, or your closet, and find a fleece blanket or two. Fold them, don't stuff them, and put them in a box. I've been shooting the same blanket for 8 months. It handles 22 and 25 right nicely. It has even stopped a few 143 grain balls @1100 fps from the 45 Texan. Wear out the box, and put the blanket in a new one. Collect the pellets for casting into 45 Cal balls.

I don't shoot the Texan in the yard any more. It is pretty loud, shotgun loud. The neighbors really don't care much since they are gone when I have tested it, but it might cause a sneer if the right people figured out what I was doing.

Just an alternative for a pellet trap.

I used to shoot every weekend.  Sometimes twice a week.  But my very good friend and shooting partner suddenly died, and it hit me hard.  As if a close family member passed.  Then the Wu-Flu hit and everything was locked down.

One day I'll get off my ass, blow the dust off my guns and hit the range.  But I miss my buddy.

Edited by minderasr
typo
  • Like 1

They closed my indoor range when the chicom plague was released on us. The outdoor range is like the wild west no range officer or nothing. Most people are very careful but every so often you get the dumbass so its not worth going there. Went to the other range way out of town last summer but a damn bull moose was in the little pond and there was girl moosey and every time i would start walking down the trail to the range he would get pissy and come out stomping and grunting. I wanted to put a 556 in his noodle.  So i left and have not been shooting since. The lack of ammo for a good price played a part as well. I got some ammo stacked up.