Karen Caught Texting & Driving

Maser

Case in point. I had a running argument with an El Paso cop about which of us made the worst  career choice. I was an ER nurse because if I were a cop I'd shoot too many people. Kudos to the officer above for saving ammo.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

Case in point. I had a running argument with an El Paso cop about which of us made the worst  career choice. I was an ER nurse because if I were a cop I'd shoot too many people. Kudos to the officer above for saving ammo.

I went to Black Bike Week a few years ago, and had a conversation with a couple cops there. One was a few years away from retirement and it couldn't come quick enough for him. He said he would never make it through a career in law enforcement if he had to start today. He also wouldn't recommend anyone else do it either.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, crockett said:

Last time I got pulled over I told the LEO first thing that I won't argue him, at all. I also skipped the I'm sorry song. He looked at me for a long moment and nodded. There was an instant understanding, that I knew that I screwed up, got pulled over rightfully and that I will be responsible for my actions. And he knew that he didn't have to say another word.

I won't post the details but I got away with a fraction of what could have been. I spent several weeks thinking about why I was doing what I was doing and how I can prevent this from happening again. Then I sent the trooper an email a couple month later, thanking him for stopping me from doing what I was doing, and having a lasting impact on my behavior, with just one honest and straight look and that nod. That moment entailed everything, from the risk of hurting somebody to the strain I put on the system for no good reason.

If suspects would face officers with honesty, no bullshit and not running, there would be much more compromise, basically nobody would get hurt, and there would be no talk about systemic racism and other pollical bullshit.

I have always received courteous and professionalism from all Law Enforcement I have encountered.

I honestly can say I know why I have been stopped when it happened.

I also know I have not been stopped when passing a LEO in their car, when I rightfully deserved to be stopped

I figure it all averages out in the long term.

I pay cops to do their job and I can't bitch when they do it! 

I always thank the cop afterwards.  I know they could have made my day much worse if they wanted to.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I have always received courteous and professionalism from all Law Enforcement I have encountered.

I honestly can say I know why I have been stopped when it happened.

I also know I have not been stopped when passing a LEO in their car, when I rightfully deserved to be stopped

I figure it all averages out in the long term.

I pay cops to do their job and I can't bitch when they do it! 

I always thank the cop afterwards.  I know they could have made my day much worse if they wanted to.

I have had some 'interesting' encounters with them. Some were way more interesting than others. Mostly the ones from my youth. The encounters are more bland these days. I have also been with cops when they made arrests. Kind of a different perspective. I helped a F&G officer late at night way out in the sticks when he busted 2 guys with 2 poached moose. I was armed, and before the bust we had a discussion about what he planned to do, and what he expected from me. 

• Thanks 1

Too many years of thinking it, now it's a reflex to think of the last line at times.

I could wile away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
And my head I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain

• Like 2