Cannabis almost as addictive as opioids among teens

TBO

An old friend of mine has been smoking weed for a very long time. At some point I stopped hanging out with him because he wasn't able to carry a conversation past very superficial small talk. He needed a hit at least once every hour throughout the entire day and late into the night. Within those hours he went from becoming depressive to getting high, thinking he is very productive but not getting ANYTHING done anymore.

At some point he started talking about trying LSD because weed didn't do the trick anymore.

Over the years he got his driver license suspended several times because he didn't care enough to pay tickets anymore. They repossessed his Jeep at some point because he was always late on payments, and everything else. Paying for the weed was more important. His sister had to borrow him her car so he could get around for errands. Soon everybody needed to jump in for his shortcomings. At some point he lost all his customers, and he stopped making payments on his mortgage. Last time I drove by his apartment all windows had been boarded up. I assume he lives now with his parents. At age 49.

While his entire family is republican, he would always vote for Democrats, hoping he could smoke weed legally.

I know another case where a former business partner used to smoke weed, also for a long time. At some point people knowing him recognized that he became weird and psychotic at times. A few month later he killed his young daughter and his wife with over 100 stabs, and burned down the house. He ran and was hiding for a week but they found him.

There are studies that link long-term weed use with psychosis.

The guy that ate the face off a homeless persons was also known to be a heavy long-term weed smoker. This news was all over the palace back in 2012, known as the Miami cannibal attack. I know the homeless guy from my work with the Miami Rescue Mission. He survived with both eyes and his nose gone.

Anybody trying to tell me that weed doesn't do any harm or comes with no risk is an addicted, self-serving clown in my book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_cannibal_attack

https://www.shz.de/regionales/schleswig-holstein/panorama/pueppi-sollte-endlich-ruhig-sein-id510206.html

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, crockett said:

An old friend of mine has been smoking weed for a very long time. At some point I stopped hanging out with him because he wasn't able to carry a conversation past very superficial small talk. He needed a hit at least once every hour throughout the entire day and late into the night. Within those hours he went from becoming depressive to getting high, thinking he is very productive but not getting ANYTHING done anymore.

At some point he started talking about trying LSD because weed didn't do the trick anymore.

Over the years he got his driver license suspended several times because he didn't care enough to pay tickets anymore. They repossessed his Jeep at some point because he was always late on payments, and everything else. Paying for the weed was more important. His sister had to borrow him her car so he could get around for errands. Soon everybody needed to jump in for his shortcomings. At some point he lost all his customers, and he stopped making payments on his mortgage. Last time I drove by his apartment all windows had been boarded up. I assume he lives now with his parents. At age 49.

While his entire family is republican, he would always vote for Democrats, hoping he could smoke weed legally.

I know another case where a former business partner used to smoke weed, also for a long time. At some point people knowing him recognized that he became weird and psychotic at times. A few month later he killed his young daughter and his wife with over 100 stabs, and burned down the house. He ran and was hiding for a week but they found him.

There are studies that link long-term weed use with psychosis.

The guy that ate the face off a homeless persons was also known to be a heavy long-term weed smoker. This news was all over the palace back in 2012, known as the Miami cannibal attack. I know the homeless guy from my work with the Miami Rescue Mission. He survived with both eyes and his nose gone.

Anybody trying to tell me that weed doesn't do any harm or comes with no risk is an addicted, self-serving clown in my book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_cannibal_attack

https://www.shz.de/regionales/schleswig-holstein/panorama/pueppi-sollte-endlich-ruhig-sein-id510206.html

I used to work with a guy who said he smoked a lot of it in his younger days as well as trying just about everything else, with the exception of heroin, before having kids and being at a job with random screenings. He too would frequently put down republicans and voted democrat hoping weed would be legalized.

He quit work with the expectation of living off of his 401k for a year and getting a job doing medical billing that he could do from his home. Shortly after he left, he started regularly smoking again. I'm not sure how it went exactly but he was trying to get back in at work before the year was over. He's had 2 opportunities over the last couple years since then but he would need to quit smoking and make a phone call or two and he just doesn't want to make the effort beyond submitting an application online.

Great guy, I enjoyed working with him. I still miss having him there but, even his own brother, who also works with me albeit on another shift, says he's just too lazy to come back. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jfost11 said:

I used to work with a guy who said he smoked a lot of it in his younger days as well as trying just about everything else, with the exception of heroin, before having kids and being at a job with random screenings. He too would frequently put down republicans and voted democrat hoping weed would be legalized.

He quit work with the expectation of living off of his 401k for a year and getting a job doing medical billing that he could do from his home. Shortly after he left, he started regularly smoking again. I'm not sure how it went exactly but he was trying to get back in at work before the year was over. He's had 2 opportunities over the last couple years since then but he would need to quit smoking and make a phone call or two and he just doesn't want to make the effort beyond submitting an application online.

Great guy, I enjoyed working with him. I still miss having him there but, even his own brother, who also works with me albeit on another shift, says he's just too lazy to come back. 

Weed is the greatest excuse to be lazy, seen it so many times. To the point of being dysfunctional.

Every time I smell it from a car driving in-front of me I see the same losers. Vehicle is a year or two away from the junkyard and occupants often look filthy.

I can't stand the stink.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crockett said:

Weed is the greatest excuse to be lazy, seen it so many times. To the point of being dysfunctional.

Every time I smell it from a car driving in-front of me I see the same losers. Vehicle is a year or two away from the junkyard and occupants often look filthy.

I can't stand the stink.

Dirty Hippies.

I'd choose hanging around 1,000 stoners than 1 drunk.  I know I'm a hypocrite saying this, but I do love beer, but I HATE seeing the effects alcohol has on people and their families.  You never hear about weed destroying lives the same way alcohol does.  Remember that kiddies.  

• Like 1