You Weren't A Real Kid Unless You Watched This!

Maser

My uncle had a Sno-Bob. He gave it to me when I was a teenager. The aluminum was so degraded from sitting in the cellar for 30 years that it literally disintegrated on the first run down sledding hill. It looked like it would have been a lot of fun.  

10 hours ago, Maser said:

That song puts a smile on my face because I know what it symbolizes with me.  It was a Summer movie all us redneck kids watched before we rode our bikes to the river to play in the water and fish.  First time us kids jumped the entire river bank was the best day of our lives!  If you didn't come home soaking wet and smelling like catfish and 2-stroke fuel, you weren't a real CA redneck kid :D

I have OAS on video.  To bad my VCR no longer works.  

3 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

My uncle had a Sno-Bob. He gave it to me when I was a teenager. The aluminum was so degraded from sitting in the cellar for 30 years that it literally disintegrated on the first run down sledding hill. It looked like it would have been a lot of fun.  

It was fast as hell and magnificently dangerous.

And wicked fun.  Until John lost most of his blood in a Fargo-inspired ice field.  And we had to pull him up the hill on a toboggan.

But first,  someone had to run up the hill,  down the block,  find the toboggan,  and bring it down.

Then his Mom and Dad freaked.  And he spent the night in the hospital.

I think he was still holding the handlebars.

• Like 1

We still had it,  after we moved to Texas,  when Mom sold it at a garage sale.

I don't know who, in Texas, would buy a sno-bob.

(I had cut and grinded the neck,  and put a bicycle gooseneck and MX handlebars on it.)

Edited by Huaco Kid