Addiction

Mrs Glockrunner

8 hours ago, jmohme said:

I have been telling people for some time that these devices will one day be recognized as the worst invention of our lifetimes.

I truly hate phones.  All my family knows this about me.

Early on in life I would be on my Ham Radio talking to someone somewhere else in the world on a chance encounter, and someone would want to talk to me on the phone. 

Never anything important, I was too young to do anything important, but just to yak and interrupt me from doing what I loved to do.

All through my life this proved to be the case with phone calls for me.

I quickly got a reputation for not wanting phone calls, so I get few personal calls, except for the constant barrage of spam and crap today.

When I was working I was paid to talk on the phone.  Since I had to be there anyway, I could talk all the time to customers and contacts.

However, my time is now mine and I jealously guard it.  Especially now since I running out of it.

My voice mail notice says I don't check my voice mail and if you need to get ahold of me for something important, call my home number, or keep trying.

Phones were made for the other person's convenience, not mine.

Phones give the person calling you the ability to call you when they like without regard to any time when it's good for you. 

Phones don't give you an option, they are just a means to torture you, by people that do, and do not, know you, and many times, don't even care for you.

Other people decide that they have nothing to do at the time, and decide to call you.  Meanwhile, you may be doing something you like and possibly even something very rarely available to you. 

Then they call because they can, not because it's a good time for you.

I hate phones!

My primary purpose for one today, is to be able to contact my wife when and if we are separated.  She is the most important thing in my life.  For her, I have a phone.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I truly hate phones.  All my family knows this about me.

Early on in life I would be on my Ham Radio talking to someone somewhere else in the world on a chance encounter, and someone would want to talk to me on the phone. 

Never anything important, I was too young to do anything important, but just to yak and interrupt me from doing what I loved to do.

All through my life this proved to be the case with phone calls for me.

I quickly got a reputation for not wanting phone calls, so I get few personal calls, except for the constant barrage of spam and crap today.

When I was working I was paid to talk on the phone.  Since I had to be there anyway, I could talk all the time to customers and contacts.

However, my time is now mine and I jealously guard it.  Especially now since I running out of it.

My voice mail notice says I don't check my voice mail and if you need to get ahold of me for something important, call my home number, or keep trying.

Phones were made for the other person's convenience, not mine.

Phones give the person calling you the ability to call you when they like without regard to any time when it's good for you. 

Phones don't give you an option, they are just a means to torture you, by people that do, and do not, know you, and many times, don't even care for you.

Other people decide that they have nothing to do at the time, and decide to call you.  Meanwhile, you may be doing something you like and possibly even something very rarely available to you. 

Then they call because they can, not because it's a good time for you.

I hate phones!

My primary purpose for one today, is to be able to contact my wife when and if we are separated.  She is the most important thing in my life.  For her, I have a phone.

Best post I have see in a long long time!

• Thanks 1