Best part of Christmas?

gwalchmai

Well...as i sat and drank my coffee today:  I realized the best gift is my wife.   About 8 years ago she was diagnosed with a rare form of lung cancer.   She was cured when they removed the bottom lobe of her right lung.

So.  I'm grateful today for her.

In a bit i will go visit my 83 year old parents.

Life is good today.   Very good.

Might also have been the shot of bourbon in my coffee.  :)

• Like 5

My day started with the hubby making everyone Eggs Benedict for breakfast - fresh eggs from the chickens (yes, they are still laying, no I don't light their coops, they just love me that much)... We actually had "Christmas Dinner" yesterday, because we planned on going for a hike this afternoon - once it warms up into the 20s... so that will be the next nice part.  And the presents were lovely - my oldest made me a rug for under my sewing table, and the youngest is knitting me a new pair of fingerless gloves (she hadn't finished by this morning because it is the most complicated pattern she has ever tried, and she has had to undo it a few times, lol.  She thinks they'll be done by... Valentines Day (LOL).  Also, both kids bought me the orange fabric I needed to finish a quilt I'm working on (I didn't have enough orange in my stash to complete it), so now I have enough.  The hubby got me me an appt with the massage therapist (the one that actually fixes things so I can stand upright), and something else that hasn't been delivered (USPS sucks) but he won't tell me what it is so I have to wait til it arrives maybe next week?  Extended. Christmas!!  And tomorrow I get to visit my parents and brother and have Christmas again...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, crockett said:

Photos or it didn't happen!

Too late. It has all been devoured.

It was my first try for a ribeye. The taste was excellent, but they were well done and just a little tough. They got good reviews.

I prepare filets regularly enough to have a good process, so they were perfect. My wife isn't a steak fan, but she had one and said now she "gets" steak. 

I'm super stuffed at this point. I think it's time for a nap.

Edited by Brad
  • Like 1