Denmark's final "cure" for Downs syndrome.

Silentpoet

17 minutes ago, norton said:

Sorry to hear of your issues.  I went through the same thing with my Mom.  She finally agreed to assisted living, and really it wasn't bad for her.  She had her own little apartment, with a separate bedroom.  Meals in the dining room, someone to regulate her meds.  At home she was going downhill fast, we finally got her into AL after a short stay in a nursing home.  She lived another 5 years, got to see her grandkids and great grandkids, spend Holidays with us.  I am convinced she would have slipped away much sooner if she had stayed at home.  

Thanks.  That's a bit of the problem though.  When she was married, and only, just lost her husband a year ago...they never had any kids and no real friends.  Some reason, they just liked me.  She has never really had "friends" or Grand kids.. and has always been Completely self sustaining.  Hence my problem in communicating. 

• Sad 1

For me one of the most difficult parts of my father having dementia was the first time he didn't recognize my brother or me. Another difficult day was when I took my father's dog of many years to visit him at the nursing home after they had not seen each other for several months. The dog and my father had a very close relationship. The dog recognized my father but my father didn't recognize him. It seemed to break the dog's heart. I'll never forget the look on the dog's face as long as I live.

• Sad 3

i have no problem with someone deciding their own life is no longer worth living, i don`t think anyone should have any say over that.

but when we decide on the Murder of others before they are born for Arbitrary or even Social reasons based on our Opinion of another`s Worth.

we come to a Dangerous Precipice on who we have a right to be able to Afford to Kill, and for what reasons that may be acceptable.

when do we decide who else is undesirable? and why?

who becomes 'undeveloped' or just seems that way?

and how long is acceptable the First Trimester? Third? a Year, maybe 13 Years after they are Born?

as Adults we have a responsibility to Defend Children, The Elderly and the Vulnerable.

i think we should consider Euthanizing the ones that decide to shun that Responsibility First and see if all of our Quality of Life Improves after that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 12/19/2020 at 1:46 PM, Silentpoet said:

Or perhaps sterilization at birth? 

Either way, we need to stop promoting bad DNA.

Look at the left.