Uptick in illegal activity published in gun-related forums

Ricordo

On 12/15/2020 at 11:44 PM, Maser said:

Hickok45 did a video review of an oil filter silencer. An adapter - $200 tax plus wait time - had to be purchased. Turned out when I investigated that the filter itself was considered part of the suppressor, was serial numbered, and had to be returned to the vendor for replacement. 

15 hours ago, syntaxerrorsix said:

It's perfectly legal for people to make their own suppressors with a Form 1 and whatever available parts they want to use. Nothing at all illegal or immoral about that.  If you're a firearms owner and don't know the laws surrounding suppressors that's on you. 

Need the $200 tax and wait time before you start. Don’t know whether accumulating raw materials counts as a start.

3 hours ago, ASH said:

Just read anews report first things biden is going after is 80% made lowers and braces.  Ar pistols they will go hard on. I'm buds with gun store owner and he has already got some info calls from atf. Gonna be rough 4 years if rats take that georgia run off then the senate is theirs. 

Think BATFE is already challenging Polymar80 and its customers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ASH said:

Just read anews report first things biden is going after is 80% made lowers and braces.  Ar pistols they will go hard on. I'm buds with gun store owner and he has already got some info calls from atf. Gonna be rough 4 years if rats take that georgia run off then the senate is theirs. 

The current director of ATF has never liked "braces" for obvious reasons.  There was a debate for some time on this topic internally at ATF. 

As for the 80 percent lower company:  The main issue, as i understand it, was the kit was far too complete.  It was everything you need to make the firearm. Slide, barrel, springs, etc. the works.

Had they sold the lower portion without all the extras...the would have been fine.

Sometimes you can't mix and match things.

• Thanks 1